We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting question on GridGroupingControl

Hi, I would like to load data to datatable used as by my gridgroupcontrol. The data is grouped by column 1 and I would like to it sorted in each group by column 2. After the data initialized, I do not want the user to sort the data any more. I have some problems to find a way to sort without grouping. Also, I did not get a way to disable sorting afterwards in ggroupcontrol. Thanks for the help Chris

3 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Chris, Please try setting AllowSortColumns property. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false; Let us know if your requirement is different. Best regards, Stanley

IJ Irina Jouk August 30, 2006 06:29 PM UTC

Hi,
I use version 2.0.5.1 of grouping control and there is no such property AllowSortColumns. Please let me know how could I disable sorting.

>Hi Chris,
>
>Please try setting AllowSortColumns property.
>
>this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSortColumns = false;
>
>Let us know if your requirement is different.
>
>Best regards,
>Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Irina,

This property has been added in the later 2.1 releases. If you do not wish to sort the tables in a grid, then cancel the click action in the TableControlCellClick for all table.

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
string CellType = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex).CellType ;
if( CellType == "ColumnHeaderCell")
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
}

Thanks,
Haneef.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon