We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

editControl invalid filetypes

Hi there, I''m using Syncfusions editControl v4.102.0.50. Is there a way to configure the editControl to only allow loading and showing of textfiles? Thanks! Yours Christian!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 06:09 AM UTC

Hi Christian, EditControl can be configured to load only text files by using the OpenFileDialog.I have attached a sample that illustrates this.Let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Ebenezer.P

File.zip

DW dwedewdew March 3, 2006 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Ebenezer, thanks for your response and sorry for my obscurely problem description. I can''t use an OpenFileDialog, because a file should be loaded/opened in my editControl when a user dblclicks on a corresponding node in a treeview. I should have mentioned this before. Sorry. The treeview can contain any types of files as nodes (text files, binary files). When dblclicking on a node, several views will open (one containing an editControl). The question is: Is there an easy way to configure my editControl to open only textfiles or do I have to check the file types by myself, before delivering them to the editcontrol? ( Somehow opened binaryfiles aren''t looking that good ;-) ) Thanks! Yours Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2006 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Christian, The file type has to be checked before loading it in EditControl.I have attached a sample that illustrates this.Let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Ebenezer.P

File0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon