We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

editControl invalid filetypes

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

41486 Mar 2,2006 11:49 AM Mar 6,2006 09:11 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: EditControl
dwedewdew
Asked On March 2, 2006 11:49 AM

Hi there, I''m using Syncfusions editControl v4.102.0.50. Is there a way to configure the editControl to only allow loading and showing of textfiles? Thanks! Yours Christian!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 3, 2006 01:09 AM

Hi Christian, EditControl can be configured to load only text files by using the OpenFileDialog.I have attached a sample that illustrates this.Let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Ebenezer.P

File.zip

dwedewdew
Replied On March 3, 2006 10:11 AM

Hi Ebenezer, thanks for your response and sorry for my obscurely problem description. I can''t use an OpenFileDialog, because a file should be loaded/opened in my editControl when a user dblclicks on a corresponding node in a treeview. I should have mentioned this before. Sorry. The treeview can contain any types of files as nodes (text files, binary files). When dblclicking on a node, several views will open (one containing an editControl). The question is: Is there an easy way to configure my editControl to open only textfiles or do I have to check the file types by myself, before delivering them to the editcontrol? ( Somehow opened binaryfiles aren''t looking that good ;-) ) Thanks! Yours Christian

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 6, 2006 09:11 AM

Hi Christian, The file type has to be checked before loading it in EditControl.I have attached a sample that illustrates this.Let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Ebenezer.P

File0.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;