We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CardLayout error after upgrading

I''ve upgraded to 4.1.0.5 and one of my apps that uses the card layout gives the following error: Could not load a type. Failed to partial bind to "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CarLayoutMode, Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version 3.301.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" I''ve used the ConvertResx on all the forms, which seemed to work. And all the references in the project were upgrade to 4.1.0.5, yet somehow it is still trying to pull from 3.301...any ideas how to fix this? Thanks Dave Taylor PERI

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 07:31 AM UTC

Hi David, Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences in this regard. Do you have mulitple versions of Essential Studio on your machine (say, v.3.3. and v.4.1.0.50)?. This problem typically occurs when there is a version conflict on the machine. If there are multiple versions of Syncfusion assemblies present on your machine, sometimes there could be a difference in the version to which the application links and the version of dlls present in the GAC. I would strongly recommend you to uninstall v.3.3 and install v.4.1. Please try the following 2 suggestions: 1) Check the Syncfusion assemblies that are in reference: a) Delete all the v.3.3 Syncfusion assemblies in the GAC (C:\WINDOWS\Assembly\.. folder and the ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder.), if not properly uninstalled. b) Run the Assembly Manager tool for v.4.1 after installing it. The Assembly Manager tool can be accessed from Start Menu >> Programs >> Syncfusion >> Essential Studio 4.1.0.50 >> Utilities >> Assembly Manager. Once again, go to the GAC . Make sure that the dlls present in the GAC are of version 4.1.0.50. c) Open the application in the designer and remove all the Syncfusion references. Re-add them from the public Assemblies folder ...\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\.. directory for 1.1 framework. d) Check whether the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references is set to false. e) Now rebuild the application and run it. 2) Check the utility ConvertResX: When you use the utility ConvertResX from this location: "[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.50\Utilities\Migration\1.1\ConvertResX.exe", please make a note of these steps. a) The BaseVersion entry in the ConvertResx Utility should be as follows: 4.100.0.50 for 1.0 framework - Use Start Menu\Programs\Syncfusion\Essential Studio 4.1.0.50\Utilities\Migration\ConvertResx(Framework 1.0) 4.101.0.50 for 1.1 framework - Use Start Menu\Programs\Syncfusion\Essential Studio 4.1.0.50\Utilities\Migration\ConvertResx(Framework 1.1) 4.102.0.50 for 2.0 framework - Use Start Menu\Programs\Syncfusion\Essential Studio 4.1.0.50\Utilities\Migration\ConvertResx(Framework 2.0) b) After the conversion, the new resx files will have the same name as the original files. Copies of the original files will be present with a .OLD suffix added to their names. Let me know if you need furthur assistance. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >I''ve upgraded to 4.1.0.5 and one of my apps that uses the card layout gives the following error: > >Could not load a type. Failed to partial bind to "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CarLayoutMode, Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version 3.301.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" > >I''ve used the ConvertResx on all the forms, which seemed to work. And all the references in the project were upgrade to 4.1.0.5, yet somehow it is still trying to pull from 3.301...any ideas how to fix this? > >Thanks > >Dave Taylor >PERI

DT Dave Taylor March 3, 2006 04:51 PM UTC

Seetha, Thanks for the reply, deleting version 3.3 from my development machine worked and recreating the installation package worked. --Dave

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon