We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager Flicker

I''m have and MDI app that host different types of documents related controls that are docked. The displayed controls vary based on the type of document being worked on. Currently when I change document types I save the current dock state for the old document type and load state for the new document type. This causes some flickering as controls are made visible or invisible. I''ve tried a few different things but can''t seem to get the flickering to go away. Any ideas? I''m using syncfusion 3.2.1.0

2 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Matthew, Sorry for the inconvenience caused.There is a workaround for this issue.you need to lock and unlock the window from update using win32 interop call before and after loading the dock state.Please look at the below code snippet //importing native method [System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImportAttribute("user32.dll")] private static extern bool LockWindowUpdate(Int64 windowHandle); //when you are loading dockstate LockWindowUpdate(this.Handle.ToInt64()); dockingManager1.LoadDockState(); //Unlock window after loading dockstate.That is, in the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler private void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { LockWindowUpdate(0);//unlocks the window } Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this Regards Joy

MS Matthew Schumaker March 2, 2006 05:16 PM UTC

Works like a champ! You guys rock! >Hi Matthew, > >Sorry for the inconvenience caused.There is a workaround for this issue.you need to lock and unlock the window from update using win32 interop call before and after loading the dock state.Please look at the below code snippet > >//importing native method >[System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImportAttribute("user32.dll")] >private static extern bool LockWindowUpdate(Int64 windowHandle); > > >//when you are loading dockstate > >LockWindowUpdate(this.Handle.ToInt64()); >dockingManager1.LoadDockState(); > >//Unlock window after loading dockstate.That is, in the NewDockStateEndLoad event handler > >private void dockingManager1_NewDockStateEndLoad(object sender, System.EventArgs e) > { > LockWindowUpdate(0);//unlocks the window > } > >Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this > >Regards >Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon