We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoPersistStates and ClickOnce

I have a Windows Forms 2.0 application using version 4.1.0.50 controls. The application is deployed using ClickOnce, and all user and application settings are saved/upgraded using the new configuration settings model of .NET 2.0. The AutoPersistedStates property and related methods use Isolated Storage. I am not extremely familiar with Isolated Storage, so how will it interact with ClickOnce? Will Isolated Storage based settings follow and upgrade the same way that ClickOnce settings do? It would be very nice if we could get explicit access to the state object that represents the persisted settings, so we could store them where we want. Thanks, Erick

3 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 03:10 PM UTC

Hi Erick I am looking into your case.I will update you later. Regards Joy

ET Erick Thompson March 1, 2006 04:46 AM UTC

Joy, Thanks! Please contact me if you need any details on how I''m using ClickOnce settings. Erick >Hi Erick > >I am looking into your case.I will update you later. > >Regards >Joy

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 1, 2006 06:13 AM UTC

Hi Erick, You can persist the state of all Syncfusion controls using the new configuration settings model.Also Syncfusion uses it''s own storage persistence method for some particular components.It is compatible among the different versions also.That is you can load a state information which was saved with previous version of Essential Studio.So it wont introduce any problems if you use ClickOnce. The architecture is flexible too.You could specify in which format the state should be persisted.The possible formats are 1.IsolatedStorage 2.XML File 3.Windows Registry 4.Binary format IsolatedStorage type stores the DockState Information in a particular folder called IsolatedStorage.The format will be binary.You could also locate this location by navigating to [windows installation drive]:\Documents and Settings\[login name]\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage In the case of DockingManager it has 2 methods called SaveDockState and LoadDockState.Both accepts same type of arguements,which specify the medium and format for storing dockstate.More details are available in class reference. The new configuration setting model of .net 2.0 using a ApplicationSettingsBase derived class and it is storing in the .config file in XML format.Since the syncfusion dockstate persistence using IsolatedStorage ,it wont interfere with .net configuration settings model. Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this Regards Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon