We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expand Groups

Hi, I have a GridGrouping Control Bound to a DataSet which contains a Datarelation. I cannot get the Parent table to be expanded even when I Click on the Plus Button.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 09:17 PM UTC

Hi Driss Have you taken a look at the Hierarchies\HierarchySample that ships with Essential Grid which shows how you can display Hierarchical Data in the Grid. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 02:35 PM UTC

Yes I have, But my problem is I have a DataRelation object inside a DataSet that describes a ParentChild relationship. And I give the DataSet as the DataSource of the GridGroupingControl and when I try to expand the Parent table rows nothing happens. I assume that I have to describe the relationship using the GridGrouping Properties so that it can display the Data correctly. Thank you for your help

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 08:53 PM UTC

Hi Essential Grid can display any ADO.NET dataset without further configuration. Set up the dataset with its relations and initialize the grid with the dataset. The grid will automatically extract all column and relation information from the dataset and display its records and relations. I have attached a modified version of the HierarachySample that I was referring to in the earlier post. I took the existing sample and deleted the GridGroupingControl from the form and added a CreateGrid() method that programatically adds the Grid to the WebForm and sets it''s DataSource property. Since you are adding the Grid programatically ensure that you have the proper references to all the required assembllies as noted in the Using GridGroupingControl section of the Users Guide. Regards Arun

HierarchySample_cs.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon