We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGrouping Appearance

Hi, I have downloaded the necessary GridGrouping Assemblies to add a GridGrouping Control to a web page. I''m NOT using Drag and Drop because I red in one of the posted messages that there may be issues with Drag and Drop in certain versions. My Problem is after adding a GridGrouping Control Programatically in my page I am not able to specify any propoerties programatically, it gives me a Script error in the Page. Consequently I can''t even modify any visual aspects of the GridGroupig Control from the browser. Am i missing something or is it another issue of assembly versions

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 07:12 PM UTC

Hi Driss Which version of Essential Studio are you using? You should not have any problems dragging and dropping the GridGroupingControl if you are using the 2.0 version of the .NET Framework (VS 2005). In case of the 1.x Framework (VS 2002/2003) the VS.NET Designer does not add theselines for the other assemblies that are referenced. You can just copy and paste these lines from one of the samples that ship as a workaround. The code expects the scripts and images to be under /Syncfusion/Resources/GroupingGridWeb where /Syncfusion is a virtual root directory under IIS as noted here. Regards Arun

DS Driss Selhoum February 28, 2006 08:46 AM UTC

Hi, I am actually using .NET 1.1 and 4.1 version of Syncfusion GridGrouping Control, so in the references I have to add I suppose I have to specify the Version in the version directive? Since I''m adding the GridGrouping Control manually I have to add the Evenhandlers manually to to handle events like Expand/Collapse ...etc. Thank you for your help

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Driss 1) Take a look at the sample in this posting that shows how you can programatically add a Grid to a Web Form. In the CreateGrid() method in the sample posted, you could add: gc.ForeColor = Color.Blue; to set the font color to be blue. Also take a look at the LookAndFeel\StylesInCode sample and the Formatting\ConditionalFormating sample. Both demonstrate how you can programatically change the appearance settings of the Grid. 2)Also a look at the Using GridGroupingControl and the Deploying Essential Grid sections in the Users Guide and ensure that you have the references, scripts etc in order. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon