We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GCC and tooltip

Hello, I have the following scenario: A GCC is bound to a custom collection of business objects (BO''s). Validation is done by the BO''s itself. A user ends up editing a grid cell. The associated BO becomes invalid. Hence a tooltip (balloon tooltip) shall be shown which informs the user about this problem. What is the best place to accomplish this? (I need a control for the tooltip and the property of the BO must be updated with the cell''s value) I tried two solutions without full success: 1. Event: ''CurrentRecordContextChange'', Action: ''EndEditCalled'': MyGCC.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.Control returns the editing control, but the BO was not updated yet (not validated!). 2. Event: ''CurrentRecordContextChange'', Action: ''EndEditComplete'': The BO was updated successfully (validated!) but MyGCC.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.Control returns a control which is beyound the screen (location: -1000;-1000)

6 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Holger, A sample project will help to solve the issue easier. Can you please try uploading a small sample. Best regards, Stanley

HH Holger Haidinger February 28, 2006 07:41 PM UTC

Hi Stanley, I''ve created a small sample. There is no validation. After editing a ballon tooltip is shown always. Have a look to sub GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange: EndEditCalled: Person is not updated but tooltip is placed correctly. EndEditComplete: Person was upated but tooltip is not placed correctly. The behavior of the GCC is ok. EndEditCalled has a visible Textbox control as a renderer and has not updated the datasource. EndEditComplete has updated the datasource but moved the rendere beyond the screen. so how do I join both?

GCC_And_Tooltip.zip

HH Holger Haidinger March 1, 2006 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Stanley, sorry for the spelling mistake. I mean GGC not GCC.

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Holger, Sorry for the delayed response. We are looking through the issue, will get back to you with solution. Best regards, Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 6, 2006 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Holger, Thank you for the sample. I do not experience a difference regarding the location of the Balloon tooltip for the changes in the EndEditCalled and EndEditComplete. In fact EndEditComplete would alone be the right choice. The difference I see is the usage of mouse or the keyboard that matters, if the current cell is immediately jumped to the next or previous record all works fine with the arrow key movement but not with the mouse button click. One idea is to create a TextBox, placing it behind GGC and by getting the Drawing.Rectangle, that can be positioned to the edited record using TableControl.ElementToRectangle function. So that this textbox that is hidden can be used as a parent for the balloon tooltip without interfering with the current cell control in the grid. Please refer the modified sample. Best regards, Stanley

HH Holger Haidinger March 10, 2006 08:01 AM UTC

Hi Stanley, Thank you for the support. It works fine. Best regards, Holger

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon