We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownCalendarControl client side value

Hello, 1. When choosing a day and do a postback DropDownCalendarControl returns to its initial value also I cannot get the changed value in the server side (Attached a sample with this behavior). 2. How to do postback when choosing a day once I click on it (please provide me a sample if its available) I use Syncfusion v4.1.0.50, ASP.net v1.1. Thanks and best regards, Bassam El-Shafei CivilSoft Egypt

test01.zip

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2006 10:38 AM UTC

Hi , The behavior with respect to post-backs has been confirmed as a bug by the Essential Tools team and it would be fixed soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will update this as soon as the fix becomes available. This is currently not supported but we have planned to include this feature via an AutoPostBack property and this will be included along with the fix for the above issue. Please let me know if you have any further queries reg this. Thank you for using Syncfusion products and continued support for Syncfusion. Regards, P.Maheswari >Hello, > >1. When choosing a day and do a postback DropDownCalendarControl returns to its initial value also I cannot get the changed value in the server side (Attached a sample with this behavior). > >2. How to do postback when choosing a day once I click on it (please provide me a sample if its available) > >I use Syncfusion v4.1.0.50, ASP.net v1.1. > >Thanks and best regards, > >Bassam El-Shafei >CivilSoft Egypt

test01.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 10:56 AM UTC

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 11:10 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the broken link in the previous post. A patch with this fix for the Shared.Web control is now available for download at: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v4.1.0.62/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Postback can be done by setting autopostback = true. Please let me know if you have any further queries. Thank you for using Syncfusion products and your continued support for Syncfusion. Best Regards, P.Maheshwari

BE Bassam El-Shafie March 28, 2006 07:45 AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your support, everything worked fine. In some cases I need to get when the user choose a day throw client side (javascript). Is there any client side events for DropDownCalendar? or any workaround? Regards, Bassam El-Shafei CivilSoft Egypt

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 07:20 PM UTC

Bassam, Currently we do not have a way to retrieve the date value other than parsing the control''s DOM and looking up it''s element''s text values. We will try to include this support in a patch releasing some time next week. We will udpate you when we have the patch. Regards, Praveen

BE Bassam El-Shafie March 29, 2006 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Praveen, Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn''t mean to get the value, I meant to get the javascript event (if any) when I choose a date on the drop down or any workaround for it. Thank you for your support; Regards, Bassam El-Shafei CivilSoft Egypt

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 03:17 PM UTC

Bassam, I checked with our developers and there is no way to listen to this right now. But, we are revamping our client side object model for the editor controls in Tools.Web to make it full-featured like the rest of our asp.net controls. It should be ready in the next 2 weeks or so. It will then include support for listenting to the user selection in the dropdown calendar control. -Praveen

AI Ayman Ibrahim May 18, 2006 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Praveen, Please i need to know what happend in this issue and if it u have anysolution can u tell me. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 01:54 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying to this post. A patch with this fix for the DropDownCalendar control is now available for download at: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v4.1.1.3/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe When a date is selected, ClientSideOnValueChange event is used to get the value of the Dropdowncalender control. Please refer the attached sample which illustrates this. Sample Please do let us know if you have any further queries. Thanks for your continued support in Syncfusion products. Regards, Maheswari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon