We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can a cell be a formula and currency types simultaneously?

For my financial app, there are numerous instances of formula cells which have a currency value as their result. I rather like the currency formatting options given by a cell''s CurrencyEditInfo, but this formatting only applies if the cell is a currency cell (to my knowledge). Is there a way to get this automatic currency formatting, but still make it a formula cell so that it knows to calculate its value based on the value of other cells? Many thanks for any help anyone can offer, Taylor

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 07:29 AM UTC

Hi Taylor, One way to handle this, is by manually setting the style format depend on the value. The FormatPreview and FormattedText propeties helps us in getting and setting format of the resultant formula value. Here is a Demo Project. Or you can go for the default format of currency cell. By setting the following code this.gridControl1[3,3].CellType = "FormulaCell"; this.gridControl1[3,3].Format = "c"; Best Regards, Madhan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon