We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Help needed on GridGroupingControl

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

41221 Feb 24,2006 03:25 PM Feb 27,2006 08:16 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On February 24, 2006 03:25 PM

Hi, I try to use gridgroupcontrol to display records in a collapse view grouped by dates. I used the codes below to show caption on date value. However, I need to change the format of the date (datetime type) as format as JAN06, instead of the datetime. Cannot figure out a way to do it. Also, how can I get rid of the empty row after the caption. It shows as default, which is not useful for me. Thanks a lot this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowCaptionPlusMinus = true; this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = "{Category}"; this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText.Substring(0,5); this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowCaption = true; this.grid.ChildGroupOptions.ShowColumnHeaders = false;

Replied On February 24, 2006 05:06 PM

You can use the QueryCellStyleInfo event and look for the e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell and just set the e.Style.Text to whatever you would like.

Replied On February 24, 2006 05:54 PM

Thanks. But I am trying to grab the data from one cell (know the col index already). I can figure out the row index and the event is triggered, but I cannot find the right method to grab the value. Would you show me several lines of sample codes? Thanks >You can use the QueryCellStyleInfo event and look for the e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell > >and just set the e.Style.Text to whatever you would like.

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 25, 2006 02:49 AM

Hi Chrisben, Please refer this thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=11530 Best reagrds, Stanley

Replied On February 27, 2006 08:16 AM

thanks a lot

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;