We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Problem with menu merging

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

41217 Feb 24,2006 02:30 PM Feb 27,2006 06:08 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
Andrew Skalkin
Asked On February 24, 2006 02:30 PM

Hello, We have recently upgraded Syncfusion from 2.x to 4.1 and I''ve noticed that the MDI menus are not being merged anymore. When I open a document, I see two top-level "File" menus, two "View" etc. I have a regular MDI app - main form with MainFrameBarManager on it and child form with

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 24, 2006 02:33 PM

Hello, We have recently upgraded Syncfusion from 2.x to 4.1 and I''ve noticed that the MDI menus are not being merged anymore. When I open a document, I see two top-level "File" menus, two "View" etc. I have a regular MDI app - main form with MainFrameBarManager on it and child form with ChildFrameBarManager. The following call is made in a main form''s constructor: mainFrameBarManager.RegisterMdiChildTypes(new Type[] {typeof(View)}); I hope this is a known problem... What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Andrew

Mano J [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 26, 2006 10:52 PM

Hi Andrew, I am afraid, I am unable to reproduce this issue in v.4.1. Please refer to the sample attached below and let me know if you are able to reproduce this issue in it. The merging process works fine in the sample. Please check whether you have given the MergeOrder value correctly. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano Menus_merging_41217.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 27, 2006 06:08 PM

Hi Mano, It turned out that IDs of top-level menu items were messed up (they had "&" only in main form). "Text" property was the same in both main and child forms and the older version used to merge it correctly :) Thanks for the quick response! Andrew

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;