We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with menu merging

Hello, We have recently upgraded Syncfusion from 2.x to 4.1 and I''ve noticed that the MDI menus are not being merged anymore. When I open a document, I see two top-level "File" menus, two "View" etc. I have a regular MDI app - main form with MainFrameBarManager on it and child form with

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 07:33 PM UTC

Hello, We have recently upgraded Syncfusion from 2.x to 4.1 and I''ve noticed that the MDI menus are not being merged anymore. When I open a document, I see two top-level "File" menus, two "View" etc. I have a regular MDI app - main form with MainFrameBarManager on it and child form with ChildFrameBarManager. The following call is made in a main form''s constructor: mainFrameBarManager.RegisterMdiChildTypes(new Type[] {typeof(View)}); I hope this is a known problem... What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Andrew

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 03:52 AM UTC

Hi Andrew, I am afraid, I am unable to reproduce this issue in v.4.1. Please refer to the sample attached below and let me know if you are able to reproduce this issue in it. The merging process works fine in the sample. Please check whether you have given the MergeOrder value correctly. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano Menus_merging_41217.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 11:08 PM UTC

Hi Mano, It turned out that IDs of top-level menu items were messed up (they had "&" only in main form). "Text" property was the same in both main and child forms and the older version used to merge it correctly :) Thanks for the quick response! Andrew

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon