We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

WinForm controls and ClickOnce application

I am deploying a 2.0 WinForms application via ClickOnce, and I have incorporated a lot of the controls from studio 4.1.0.50. Looking at the build folder, it does not appear that the DLLs are not copied to the folder. So I need to figure out how to use the controls with a ClickOnce deployment. Is there an MSI that I can use to deploy runtime files? I install other software via GPO to support the app (2.0 runtime, WSE3, etc), so adding another package wouldn''t be a big deal, but I can''t find an MSI to use. Thanks, Erick

3 Replies

CL Cyril Lagrange February 24, 2006 07:36 PM UTC

I am exactly in the same situation and would like to know if the Syncfusion suite of components is compatible with ClickOnce deployement, i.e do the syncfusion assemblies really need to be in the GAC?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 09:41 PM UTC

Erick / Cyril, We will work on a sample for your needs. The assemblies do not have to be in the GAC to work. Best regards, Daniel >I am exactly in the same situation and would like to know if the Syncfusion suite of components is compatible with ClickOnce deployement, i.e do the syncfusion assemblies really need to be in the GAC?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 11:18 PM UTC

Daniel, That is good to hear. Can you provide the outline of the solution while you are working on a sample? Is it simply a matter of uploading the DLLs to the deployment folder? Also, is there a way to distribute the runtime files via a GPO (i.e., in an MSI)? I would rather have our clients have one copy the controls for the entire system. Thanks, Erick >Erick / Cyril, > >We will work on a sample for your needs. The assemblies do not have to be in the GAC to work. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>I am exactly in the same situation and would like to know if the Syncfusion suite of components is compatible with ClickOnce deployement, i.e do the syncfusion assemblies really need to be in the GAC?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon