We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

sorting a grid

i put some data in a grid, like this 7 10 11 5 3 7 i try to sort the data by clicking on the first column and the data go on the last rows of the grid. how should i sort only the three rows that have the data? sorry for my unknowledgement and thanks for any help PP

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 06:24 AM UTC

Hi, This can be achevied, by having own IComparer object and passing it when you call grid.Model.Data.SortByCol method to do the sort. Here is a sample project Best Regards, Madhan.

PP PLIACHAS PASCHALIS February 24, 2006 11:06 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply. unfortunatelly i am not familliar in C#. i could prefer the code of the NewComparer class to be tin Vb net. Thanks any way PP >Hi, > > This can be achevied, by having own IComparer object and passing it when you call grid.Model.Data.SortByCol method to do the sort. >Here is a sample project > >Best Regards, >Madhan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Pliachas, Here is a sample project on VB. Kindly, try it let us know if it helps Best Regards, Madhan.

PP PLIACHAS PASCHALIS February 24, 2006 08:15 PM UTC

Thanks for response i''ll try that and i''ll let you know. PP >Hi Pliachas, > >Here is a sample project on VB. Kindly, try it let us know if it helps > >Best Regards, >Madhan.

PP PLIACHAS PASCHALIS February 24, 2006 08:26 PM UTC

Ok it works but how should i extend the sorting for strings that should be on the third column or fo dates also. Thanks for help anyway. PP >Thanks for response i''ll try that and i''ll let you know. >PP > >>Hi Pliachas, >> >>Here is a sample project on VB. Kindly, try it let us know if it helps >> >>Best Regards, >>Madhan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2006 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Pliachas, Here is a sample project, implementing Icomparer for sorting of integers, strings and DateTime datatypes. Let us know if you need further assistance, Best Regards, Madhan.

PP PLIACHAS PASCHALIS February 25, 2006 03:56 PM UTC

well i get an error at Integer.TryParse where the vb language tells me that the tryparse isn''t a member of integer. I'' ll try to fix it. Thanks for your help. PP

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon