We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding custom collections to a GDBG

I am working on binding a custom collection (Derived from System.Collections.CollectionBase) of custom objects to a GridDataBoundGrid. I have used the DataBoundColumns designer to define which object properties bind to each visible column in the grid. So far the approach I''m taking is working well, but I am having some difficulty determining how to do the folloing: 1. Obtain a reference to the currently selected object in the grid (the grid allows only single selection). 2. Programatically change the selected object (row) based-on a a reference to that object. 3. Allow the grid to be re-sorted by double-clicking the column headers (in a manner similar to if the DataSource was a DataSet rather than a custom collection). Also, resorting preserving which row is selected. TIA for any help! Dave

1 Reply

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Dave, Sorting and preserving the selected row will work smooth in GGC. Can you try using GridGroupingcontrol. Regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon