We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Checkbox in Datagrid of ASP.NET

Hi I''m using the checkbox as a template column in datagrid. I was able to add the checkbox but I''m not able to retreive which checkbox have been clicked. I have gon through ur articles 25.71,25.76,25.77 but still not able to retrieve the checked value! Plz help by clearly stating how to use them! thanks and regards! Megha

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Megha, You can easily get the row of which row is clicked , There are a lot ways to do this. Eg. In the ButtonClickedevent in server try one of the following ( applies for all controls events not only for button you can use check box , I already have the sample for button click) [C#] Button btn = (Button)sender as Button; DataGridItem myItem =(DataGridItem) btn.NamingContainer; //This will return the selected rows index value starts from 0 myItem.ItemIndex; //also you can use to get some of the key field of that row with the following code //Here i assume first column will have a unique value so given Cells[0] and in which you can use for your changes in server side. string rowId; rowId = myItem.Cells[0].Text; I guess the above codings should give you some idea Regards, A.Sivakumar

MB Megha Bansal February 24, 2006 04:46 AM UTC

Hi SivaKumar. Thanks for ur reply! But I''m sorry it didnt work. It gave me error on line myitem.itemindex; saying only assignment,call,increment,decrement, and new obeject expressions can be used as a statement. plz check the error code and reply me back. Thanks and Regards! Megha >Hi Megha, > >You can easily get the row of which row is clicked , There are a lot ways to do this. > >Eg. >In the ButtonClickedevent in server try one of the following ( applies for all controls events not only for button you can use check box , I already have the sample for button click) > >[C#] > Button btn = (Button)sender as Button; > DataGridItem myItem =(DataGridItem) btn.NamingContainer; > >//This will return the selected rows index value starts from 0 > >myItem.ItemIndex; > >//also you can use to get some of the key field of that row with the following code > >//Here i assume first column will have a unique value so given Cells[0] and in which you can use for your changes in server side. > > string rowId; > rowId = myItem.Cells[0].Text; > > >I guess the above codings should give you some idea > >Regards, >A.Sivakumar >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 08:55 AM UTC

> >Hi SivaKumar. > Hi Megha, As i said before , " this will return the value start from 0" . you can probably use int something=myItem.ItemIndex; and this something will be your rowindex Let me know if this helps Best Regards, A.Sivakumar //This will return the selected rows index value starts from 0 >> >>myItem.ItemIndex; >> >>//also you can use to get some of the key field of that row with the following code >> >>//Here i assume first column will have a unique value so given Cells[0] and in which you can use for your changes in server side. >> >> string rowId; >> rowId = myItem.Cells[0].Text; >> >> >>I guess the above codings should give you some idea >> >>Regards, >>A.Sivakumar >>

TY tyt March 3, 2006 11:40 AM UTC

>Hi > >I''m using the checkbox as a template column in datagrid. I was able to add the checkbox but I''m not able to retreive which checkbox have been clicked. >I have gon through ur articles 25.71,25.76,25.77 but still not able to retrieve the checked value! > >Plz help by clearly stating how to use them! > >thanks and regards! >Megha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon