We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Closing a DockingControl somtimes makes the MainForm go to the background

I don''t know what I''m doing wrong, but sometimes when I close a floating control the whole app is placed behind other open applications ? Regards Erwin Davidse

9 Replies

E. e.davidse February 22, 2006 09:32 PM UTC

Sorry I can''t put an example on your webside. I have here a code snippet: I Create a Form And Set it as MDI Container. Put a DockingManger On it. Put Two buttons on it Now add the following code in the click event handlers: private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { UserControl child = new UserControl(); dockingManager1.FloatControl(child, new Rectangle(Cursor.Position, child.Size)); dockingManager1.SetFloatOnly( child, true ); } private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { UserControl child = new UserControl(); dockingManager1.FloatControl(child, new Rectangle(Cursor.Position, child.Size)); } Now You can observe the following behavor: When the Control is NOT set to FloatOnly When not moving the Control the contextmenu is NOT working. When the control is created as float only Then moved and then closed the mainForm is placed behind other programes. Best Regards Erwin Davidse

E. e.davidse February 22, 2006 09:39 PM UTC

Please can you acknowledge this behavour.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Erwin, Sorry for the inconvenience caused.I was able to reproduce the issues here. Issue 1: ContextMenu not getting displayed This was a known issue and we fixed that.The patch will be available soon Issue 2: Focus Lost when closing floating window I have created defect report for this.We will try our best to fix this bug as soon as possible.Also I will inform you when a patch is available for this. You could also track the progress of these issue by the following link Defect #1580 - Application losing focus when we close a floating window Thanks for bringing this issue into our attention Regards Joy

E. e.davidse February 24, 2006 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Joy Thank a lot for the quick response. I''m seeing forward to the solution Best Regards Erwin Davidse

E. e.davidse February 24, 2006 11:26 AM UTC

I have a workaround: In the OnDockVisibilityChanged if a control is closing I set the Focus to the host control. HostControl.Focus(); This seems to fix the problem.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 02:52 PM UTC

Hi Erwin We fixed this issue internally.Patch will be available soon Regards Joy

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 04:56 AM UTC

Hi Erwin, The patch is available for download.Here is the downLoad details Please let me know if you still have the issue Regards Joy

TR Terry Rossow March 24, 2006 12:33 AM UTC

Hi there, I have a similar situation, however I don''t think its caused by the docking. Whenever I open a child form (in an MDI environment) bits of whatever is behind the application show through. Also, sometimes when I attempt to double click a tree node (in a TreeViewAdv) that opens a child window, the application looses focus, and parts of it show through with what is behind it. Any ideas? Thanks, TERRY ROSSOW

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team March 24, 2006 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This was a known issue in TreeViewAdv(v3.3.0.0) and it has been fixed and it is available in v3.3.0.8 patch(also in v4.1). Here is the download link for v4.1: http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.1.0.50/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Please log-on to Direct-Trac and get the unlock key http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/user/downloads.aspx. Otherwise if you want to upgrade to our patch v3.3.0.8, please create a direct trac incident regarding this issue and mention this forum link in the subject line. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon