We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange ControlNode Problem

I''m currently evaluating and one of the most interesting aspects of EssentialDiagram is the ability to host windows.forms.controls. But, I''m having a problem. When I add a button, then move that button slightly, I''m see tweleve or so phantom buttons appear. What am I missing? Here''s my code snippet: Dim ctrlnode As New ControlNode() ctrlnode.ControlAssemblyName = "System.Windows.Forms" ctrlnode.ControlClassName = "System.Windows.Forms.Button" Dim ctrlnodetool As ControlNodeTool = CType(Diagram1.Controller.GetTool("ControlNodeTool"), ControlNodeTool) ctrlnodetool.Node = ctrlnode Diagram1.Controller.ActivateTool(ctrlnodetool)

5 Replies

GK George Keller February 23, 2006 09:37 PM UTC

More information on this problem. It appears to only occur on those controls that implement visual styles. If I disable visual styles or set the button to flat, for example, it will work fine. (BTW I''m using VS2005). So, must be a problem with EssentialDiagram handling visual styles, eh?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2006 07:34 PM UTC

We''re getting the same problem here. The "phantom" controls only appear on file pickers, and buttons, textboxes, comboboxes, etc are all fine. >I''m currently evaluating and one of the most interesting aspects of EssentialDiagram is the ability to host windows.forms.controls. But, I''m having a problem. When I add a button, then move that button slightly, I''m see tweleve or so phantom buttons appear. What am I missing? Here''s my code snippet: > >Dim ctrlnode As New ControlNode() >ctrlnode.ControlAssemblyName = "System.Windows.Forms" >ctrlnode.ControlClassName = "System.Windows.Forms.Button" >Dim ctrlnodetool As ControlNodeTool = CType(Diagram1.Controller.GetTool("ControlNodeTool"), ControlNodeTool) >ctrlnodetool.Node = ctrlnode >Diagram1.Controller.ActivateTool(ctrlnodetool) >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2006 07:37 PM UTC

Sorry, let me rephrase that. The phantom controls are only occurring on Buttons >We''re getting the same problem here. The "phantom" controls only appear on file pickers, and buttons, textboxes, comboboxes, etc are all fine. > >>I''m currently evaluating and one of the most interesting aspects of EssentialDiagram is the ability to host windows.forms.controls. But, I''m having a problem. When I add a button, then move that button slightly, I''m see tweleve or so phantom buttons appear. What am I missing? Here''s my code snippet: >> >>Dim ctrlnode As New ControlNode() >>ctrlnode.ControlAssemblyName = "System.Windows.Forms" >>ctrlnode.ControlClassName = "System.Windows.Forms.Button" >>Dim ctrlnodetool As ControlNodeTool = CType(Diagram1.Controller.GetTool("ControlNodeTool"), ControlNodeTool) >>ctrlnodetool.Node = ctrlnode >>Diagram1.Controller.ActivateTool(ctrlnodetool) >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 10:15 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your support to Syncfusion. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue you have described here.I have tested this condition with a Sample in which I created a ControlNode that hosts Windows Form Button control and changed the style property as well. The application works fine for me. Kindly, refer the attached Sample and if you still run into any problem could you please modify the sample/post us some reproducing steps. Please let me know if you have any further queries. Regards, Praveena.

CoordinateSystem.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience .Kindly refer this Sample and let us know if this helps you. Regards, Praveena.

ControlNode_Sample.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon