We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Converting a range to a rectangle

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

41064 Feb 21,2006 02:35 PM Mar 7,2006 06:29 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On February 21, 2006 02:35 PM

I have a range that is a row or multiple rows. What I want to do is get a rectangle that covers whatever is visible of that row. I tried: Rectangle rect = rect = rid.ViewLayout.RangeInfoToRectangle(range, true, GridCellSizeKind.ActualSize); This works fine, except it doesn''t include row headers. Is there a simple way to have it include the row headers? In an unrelated issue, is there any way to "unfreeze" a row header? Thanks Pete

Replied On February 22, 2006 05:31 AM

Hi Pete, To unfreeze the row header, you could try hiding the Row header and set the CellType of the first column ( which is scrollable ) to "RowHeader" and make its look and feel similar to Row header. Here is a sample project And regarding the issue ''include the row headers..''. Please provide us some more details. As we can able to include the row headers, kindly refer to the above sample for details. Best regards, Madhan.

Replied On March 7, 2006 03:27 PM

Sorry for the delay in response, I got distracted from the issue. In the example I originally provided: Rectangle rect = rid.ViewLayout.RangeInfoToRectangle(range, true, GridCellSizeKind.ActualSize); If range is a row (GridRangeInfo.Row(4), for example), the rectangle returned has a left side at the left side of the first data cell, not 0 (left side of row header, as I would expect). Pete

Replied On March 7, 2006 06:29 PM

Pete, try calling range = range.ExpandRange(0, 0, grid.RowCount, grid.ColCount) before passing it to RangeInfoToRectangle. Stefan >Sorry for the delay in response, I got distracted from the issue. > >In the example I originally provided: > >Rectangle rect = rid.ViewLayout.RangeInfoToRectangle(range, true, GridCellSizeKind.ActualSize); > >If range is a row (GridRangeInfo.Row(4), for example), the rectangle returned has a left side at the left side of the first data cell, not 0 (left side of row header, as I would expect). > >Pete

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;