We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

splashscreen HideHostForm

I recently installed Essential Studio 4.1.0.57 . We had to upgrade from 4.1.0.50, which has a bug concerning the DockingManager and DockingDiamant. Now I have the problem that if using the SplashControl and setting HideHostForm = true; then when closing the splashscreen and calling before closing HideHostForm = false; The mainForm isn''t visible! It''s if I just never call HideHostForm = true;

4 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team February 22, 2006 02:12 PM UTC

Hi Erwin, I am able to reproduce the above mentioned issue.As a workaround,Could you please try setting HostForm''s ShowDialog or Show method inorder to show the Form when the splash is closing? I am looking into this issue and will get back to you with more information soon. Thanks, Anu.

E. e.davidse February 22, 2006 08:50 PM UTC

As workaround I now set the visibility of the mainform myself. this works like a sharm Regards Erwin > >Hi Erwin, > >I am able to reproduce the above mentioned issue.As a workaround,Could you please try setting HostForm''s ShowDialog or Show method inorder to show the Form when the splash is closing? > >I am looking into this issue and will get back to you with more information soon. > >Thanks, > >Anu. > >

DS Dan Searle March 23, 2007 10:13 AM UTC

I have a similar problem. If I set HideHostForm to true then the hostform ends up hidden.

I tried setting the hostform's visible property to false in BeforeSplash and true in SplashClosing. This almost works but it isn't quite right. The hostform appears very briefly before the splash and then disappears and reappears correctly.

How can I prevent the hostform from appearing initially?

>As workaround I now set the visibility of the mainform myself. this works like a sharm
>
>Regards Erwin
>
>>
>>Hi Erwin,
>>
>>I am able to reproduce the above mentioned issue.As a workaround,Could you please try setting HostForm's ShowDialog or Show method inorder to show the Form when the splash is closing?
>>
>>I am looking into this issue and will get back to you with more information soon.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Anu.
>>
>>

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 28, 2007 03:11 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue of host form appear and disappear before the splash is shown.

Could you please modify the attached sample so that the issue could be reproduced?. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

SplashControl

Best Regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon