We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error while saving Workbook using SaveAs

Hello there , I am using XlsIO for creating Excel output files in my application. Steps that I follow : 1. Create WorkBook Object using CreateWorkBookFromTemplate 2. add New Sheet and Corresponding Data 3. Using WorkBook.SaveAs method to save the current workBook with New Name. 4. WorkBook.Close method. In executing Step number 3,Syncfusion.Xlsio.Base.dll throws a System.ArgumentException and additional Information provided is tht "Stream is in Read only mode" Your help would be highly appreciated in this matter.The template file is not read only. Thanking you in advance. Regards, Vaishali

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 08:45 PM UTC

Hi Vaishali, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I tried to reproduce the problem using this sample but was not able to see the problem. SpreadsheetFromTemplate_2003.zip Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you can see the problem in this sample also. If not could you please modify the sample to reproduce the problem. Thanks, Stephen. >Hello there , > >I am using XlsIO for creating Excel output files in my application. >Steps that I follow : >1. Create WorkBook Object using CreateWorkBookFromTemplate >2. add New Sheet and Corresponding Data >3. Using WorkBook.SaveAs method to save the current workBook with New Name. >4. WorkBook.Close method. > >In executing Step number 3,Syncfusion.Xlsio.Base.dll throws a System.ArgumentException and additional Information provided is tht "Stream is in Read only mode" > >Your help would be highly appreciated in this matter.The template file is not read only. > >Thanking you in advance. > >Regards, >Vaishali >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon