We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Save/Open diagram from SQLServer ''image'' type field

Hello there, I want to save diagram to a table field (Image type) in sql server, then read the diagram from the table ''image type'' field. How can I do it? any samples? Originally, I save/open diagram to/from files, but now I need save/read them from a table field. Thanks for any help. Lan

1 Reply

LM Lan Mo February 22, 2006 08:32 PM UTC

Hello There, I have written the code: private void LoadTreeFromDB() { // read diagram data to a byte array from a "IMAGE" field in a SQLServer table. byte[] buffer=BL.Access.GetTree(mTreeSet,mPaveType,mFuncClass); // convert the byte array data to a MemoryStream MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(); ms.Write (buffer, 0, buffer.Length); // Load diagram from the MemoryStream this.diagram.LoadBinary(ms); } private void SaveTreeToDB() { // Save diagram to a MemoryStream MemoryStream oStream= new MemoryStream(); this.diagram.SaveBinary(oStream); // convert the MemoryStream to a byte array data byte[] buffer =oStream.ToArray(); // save the byte array data to a "IMAGE" field in a SQLServer table. BL.Access.SaveTree(mTreeSet,mPaveType,mFuncClass,buffer); } it saves the diagram to ''Image'' field without error. but when it read diagram back from the ''Image'' field, it gets error as attached file. I''hve check the saving/reading byte array data to database ''image'' field, they are working OK. But when it run this line: // Load diagram from the MemoryStream this.diagram.LoadBinary(ms); The error comes. Any idea? Lan >Hello there, >I want to save diagram to a table field (Image type) in sql server, then read the diagram from the table ''image type'' field. >How can I do it? any samples? >Originally, I save/open diagram to/from files, but now I need save/read them from a table field. > >Thanks for any help. > >Lan

Error_LoadingDiagram.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon