We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting AutoHide Programmatically

I have run into a problem with Syncfusion 4.1.0.50/.Net 2.0/VS 2005. Prior to the 4.1 release we implemented a fairly simple “Maximize Workspace” feature in our application. The purpose was to immediately set the auto hide mode of all docked windows in the docking manager to true – so they became just tabs on the side. When the menu item was clicked again (this time, as “Restore Workspace”) it would move all docked controls out of auto hide state and back into full view. After we upgraded to 4.1, when we click “Restore” the windows return but they appear as a faded gray line with no content anymore (hard to describe). If you click Maximize again, the windows go back into their tabbed state – but their size is set to 0 (you can drag and expand them and you see the content of the window). But clicking Restore again puts them back into the broken state. If you click the “pin” and do it manually, everything works fine – so it seems to only be when the auto hide state is set programmatically. I created a sample project that illustrates the problem and attached it – the panels have color so you can see when they don’t show up again. Any help on a way to get around this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan Quail

TestMaximizeWorksapce.zip

5 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 20, 2006 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan Sorry for the inconvenience caused.I was able to reproduce the issue here.The reason for this paining issue is changing the state of docked control while any autohideanimation is running.We already have a bug report regarding this issue.You could also track the progress using the below link Load DockState with painting issue . As a work around you can eliminate the issue by using a Timer.Please go through the attached sample and let me know any queries. Regards Joy

fr40978_workaround.zip

JQ Jonathan Quail February 20, 2006 04:11 PM UTC

I tried the workaround you supplied - unfortunately it wouldn''t compile at first becuase DockingManager doesn''t have a property "ForwardMenuShortcuts" - unless this is new to an internal build you are using (We have 4.1.0.50). I commented the line out and I am still seeing the same painting behavior even with the timer.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 21, 2006 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan We regret for the inconvenience caused.The workaround works only with version 4.1.0.57.You could also obtain that version as a patch.For that you need to create a Direct-Trac incident.Anyway I will inform you through this thread after the bug has been fixed. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion Regards Joy

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 04:53 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, We are glad to inform you, that the issue has been fixed.You could obtain the patch from this link Please let me know if this patch solved your issue. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products Regards Joy

JQ Jonathan Quail March 15, 2006 05:03 AM UTC

Yes - it fixed the problem, thank you!! Jonathan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon