We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Crash with 4.101.0.50 Tools

Upgraded my previously working application from 3.3 to 4.1., Framework 1.1. All seems to work, except when I hit one tab on a TabControlAdv in the main app. This brings up a tab page containing a user control similar in form to the main app. The page flashes briefly, then crashes with the error message, shown in attachment. The user control is similar to the main app: A couple of text boxes, three buttons, and a check box are at the top of the page. Below that are side-by-side tab pages with a DockingManager. The tab control on the right side of the screen contains tab pages which each contain a DataGrid, the page on left side contains a TreeView. The error message seems to indicate a problem writing a "caption". Another developer mentioned that she had a similar problem which was related to blank caption fields. I put text in each caption, but the problem still appears, whether or not the captions are set to "visible". Any ideas? Thanks. Peter

sync_err.zip

1 Reply

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 22, 2006 06:56 AM UTC

Hi Peter I am afraid,I was not able to reproduce this issue.But I had created a sample from your description.Please check that and make nessasary changes which brings the issue and send to me.It is very hard to provide a solution without a sample. Sometimes if you leave the name property of the usercontrol blank,it might lead to crash. So please ensure the Name property is not null.The reason is internally the Docking architecture make use of the Name as Caption for the Docking window. Thanks for using Syncfusion products Regards Joy

fr40976_sample.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon