We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dockinManager behavior

gridTest overlapping Consolidated View user control when Dock = Fill; Attachment provided. Please Help. Thanks.

SP_Test.zip

12 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 18, 2006 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Roman, Please use the docking client panel to hold the other non docked windows or controls. The DockingClientPanel control helps overcome this problem by providing an auto-resized client surface on which a form''s non-dockable controls may be located. Please take a look at the modified sample and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products Regards, Vijay Modified Sample

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 18, 2006 07:29 AM UTC

Hi Roman, Please use the docking client panel to hold the other non docked windows or controls. The DockingClientPanel control helps overcome this problem by providing an auto-resized client surface on which a form''''s non-dockable controls may be located. Please take a look at the modified sample and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products Regards, Vijay Modified sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2006 10:03 PM UTC

Thanks it works fine. Only one thing. i removed a OptionCOntorl from the form. Then placed again, but looks like no rection from docking Manager. Means i set property SetEnableDocking and SetLabel in InitializeComponent, but nothing happen. Kind of confusion. Thanks.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 22, 2006 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Roman, When you are using DockingClientPanel you need to keep DockingClientPanel.SizeToFit Property to false before removing any controls. Else the DockingClientPanel will occupy the newly freed space.Then, on the second time when you are placing controls they will be hosted to DockingClientPanel. It causes DockingManager not to respond to them(No availability of EnableDocking On dockingManager1 property). Please note DockingManager will respond to the controls which are hosted to the same form to which it belongs. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Regards Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2006 02:45 PM UTC

I did not use yet DockingClientPanel. I simply placed Windows panel and dockingManager on form, set all properties. It works in run time (sometime), but does not work at design time, like in Symbol Designer sample. Please provide exec steps to create any docking type control like OptionControl simular to Symbol Designer project, in design time mode. Looks like i am missing somethings. Thanks

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Roman, From your previous post ,I assume that you are changing the code in ''InitialiseComponent'' method.In such a situation ,if you stay in code window and run your program, there will be no problem.Else the changed code will be reverted back to designer generated code ,once you switched to design mode.This may be the problem that your are getting correct behaviour at sometime. You could also refer our documentation regarding "Docking the controls at design time" to get a clear cut idea. 1.Select ''View Documentation'' from Startmenu->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential studio [version]->Documentation 2.Select ''Content'' Tab in the left window. 3.Navigate to Syncfusion Essential studio->Essential tools->Windows Forms->Packages->Docking Windows Package->Tutorial->Lesson 1: Designing a Docking windows layout Regards Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 01:52 PM UTC

Long time ago i sent message to Syncfusion that my help does work. The way you described to find particular documentation does not work. Browser doesn''t contain even a single line. Should i reinstall package again ? Also,forum is good thing, but this not an issue for me when each day is very valuable for me in terms of time. I need very quick response.Do you have one ? Thanks.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 05:00 AM UTC

Hi Roman We regret for the inconvenience caused.Please try reinstalling the Essential suite and open help.Also let me know if you got any error message(with details). You could also find help in our Online documentation.The link is http://www.syncfusion.com/library/dockingwindows/designingadockingwindowslayout.html. Regards Joy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Thanks. Another thing. Another thing. Window form title bar become inactive when contain dockingmanager in MDI environment, while form is activated. Scenario: Create MDI app. Place docking manager on Form2. Show Form1 and Form2 as MDI child. Title bar of the Form2 will be inactive after Form2 Appeared. To make Form2 active focus must be switched to Form1 and the back to Form2 Any suggestions? With regards Roman.

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Roman, I was not able to reproduce this issue in our latest release 4.1.0.50.I have created a sample from your description and attached here.Please change the sample to meet your issue and resend to me.Also let me know the version of Essential studio and framework which you are using. Regards Joy

mdiproblem.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 04:20 PM UTC

Hi Joy ! i am sending an attachments. Description is in code window of Form1. >Hi Roman, > >I was not able to reproduce this issue in our latest release 4.1.0.50.I have created a sample from your description and attached here.Please change the sample to meet your issue and resend to me.Also let me know the version of Essential studio and framework which you are using. > >Regards >Joy

mdiproblem.zip

DocManager.zip

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Roman, I was able to see the issue in version 3.2.It was a known issue and we fixed that issue internally.Our new version 4.1 is free from this bug.Here is the download details Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion Regards Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon