We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ForeignKeyReference Filtering

Hi, I''m using GGC where the DataSource is set to a DataSet with several Tables and defined relations. One of the tables is used for a ForeignKeyReference relation. 1.How do I dynamically filter records, that are showing in dropdowngrid on per record basis? For instance: The lookup table contains values 1,2,3,4,5; If a parent record==2, then dropdown shoud display only 2,3,4,5 I''ve tried to handle TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown: private void oGrid_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e) { GridGroupingControl grid = (GridGroupingControl)sender; GridCurrentCell curCell=grid.TableControl.CurrentCell; if(curCell!=null) { Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableDropDownListCellRenderer renderer = curCell.Renderer as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableDropDownListCellRenderer; if(renderer!=null) { GridTableDropDownListControlPart part=renderer.DropDownContainer.Controls[0] as GridTableDropDownListControlPart; GridGroupTypedListRecordsCollection coll = part.DataSource as GridGroupTypedListRecordsCollection; coll.TableDescriptor.ResetRecordFilters(); if (coll.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Count == 0) { coll.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("StatusId in (1,2,3,4)"); } } } } but it throws exceptions. 2. Is there a way to use the same type of relation and just show regular DropDown instead of DropDownGrid? Thank you.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2006 07:21 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, check out the MultipleColumnForeignKeys example. You can have one column define a filter for the dropdown of a second column in a record. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2006 07:12 PM UTC

Stefan, Thank you for the answer. Is there a way to achieve the same functionality without modifing the datasource and a single RelationKey. For instance - setting a RowFilter on child''s defaultview in some grid event? Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2006 11:39 PM UTC

I created a sample based on ForeignKeyReference that handles CurrentCellShowingDropDown. ForeignKeyReference_dynamicfilter.zip Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2006 12:32 AM UTC

Stefan, This works! I greatly appreciate your time.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon