We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

App runs, but won''t open in designer

Hello, Yesteray I was playing around with the new Office 12 renderers, ToolStripEx''s, etc. Mostly no problems aside from learning how things went together. Then this morning I couldn''t get the app window to open in the designer. It rebuilds fine and runs fine, but when I try to open the designer I get: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: service at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.Site.System.IServiceProvider.GetService(Type service) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Design.SelectionManagerProxy..ctor(IComponent component) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Design.ToolStripExDesigner.UpdateAdornerGlyphs() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Design.ToolStripExDesigner.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesigner.Initialize(IComponent component) at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo) at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.Add(IComponent component, String name) I get this error 3 times; not coincidentally I have 3 ToolStripEx''s on the form. I also get one of these for each: The variable ''toolStripEx1'' is either undeclared or was never assigned. As I said, the app builds and runs fine. Any idea what is going on here? I''d rather not delete all the designer code and start over. Keith P.S. Where is this 4.1.0.57 I''m hearing about?

1 Reply

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 17, 2006 03:56 PM UTC

Hi Keith, I have tested this issue with v.4.1.0.50 by creating a sample using ToolStripEx component and closing and opening it in designer. The designer opens correctly. Could you please try deleting the bin and obj folders in your application and open it in designer. We are currently working on a patch providing all major fixes included. I will update you with the details of this fix as soon as it is available. Regards, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon