We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Writing HTML

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

40910 Feb 16,2006 04:32 AM Feb 22,2006 03:34 PM General Discussion 5
Tags: General Discussion
Shannon Dunn
Asked On February 16, 2006 04:32 AM

Can I use EssentialPDF to write HTML content to a PDF document and have it render as it would in HTML? I have customer resumes that are uploaded on my site as HTML. I want to, through an agent, create PDF files from the HTML and mail it to the organization that posts jobs to my site. Can I do this with your tools?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 18, 2006 04:00 AM

Hi Shannon, There are three possible solutions 1. Use MSHTML (Internet Explorer) and export/print the rendered HTML as a image and insert the image into PDF using Essential PDF. I will provide a sample on monday. 2) Use HTMLUI and export/print the rendered HTML as a image and insert the image into PDF using Essential PDF. This option would differ from the IE based option in that it would not support very complicated HTML layouts and would not be the same as IE rendered HTML. This is an option for users who do not want to use IE. Here is a sample to demonstrate this functionality HtmlToPDFImage.zip 3) Native rendering/translation of HTML code to PDF. This is still under development and would be part of the Essential PDF library for the next release. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >Can I use EssentialPDF to write HTML content to a PDF document and have it render as it would in HTML? I have customer resumes that are uploaded on my site as HTML. I want to, through an agent, create PDF files from the HTML and mail it to the organization that posts jobs to my site. Can I do this with your tools?

Michel T Dallaire
Replied On February 20, 2006 06:38 PM

Hi, I would also be interested to see this sample. Thank you Michel >1. Use MSHTML (Internet Explorer) and export/print the rendered HTML as a image and insert the image into PDF using Essential PDF. I will provide a sample on monday. >

Replied On February 22, 2006 06:07 AM

Hi Shannon/Michel, Here is the first version of the sample that demonstrates exporting a Webpage using IE and Essential PDF to PDF format. HtmlToPdfUsingIE.zip Please let me know if you have any suggestions so that we can further refine the sample. Best regards, Stephen.

Tony Basar
Replied On February 22, 2006 01:37 PM

using HTMLUI, how can I generate an image not from a physical HTML file, but a string that contains HTML content. Please help. >Hi Shannon/Michel, > >Here is the first version of the sample that demonstrates exporting a Webpage using IE and Essential PDF to PDF format. > >HtmlToPdfUsingIE.zip > >Please let me know if you have any suggestions so that we can further refine the sample. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. >

Replied On February 22, 2006 03:34 PM

Hi Tony, You need to use the HTMLUIControl.LoadFromString method to load HTML text into the control. Thanks, Davis

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;