We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC adding new row

When I add a new row the next row doesn''t appear until after I hit enter or leave the row. Is there anyway to make this behave like the databound grid where as soon as you start editing the next new row is created? Also can I automatically expand the nested table entries under my new row?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 17, 2006 07:43 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, there is no easy way to implement either of the two features. The problem is the underlying table needs to have an entry added first that is properly sorted into the existing binary tree structures. With the extra add new row the one idea would be to have a custom section similar to the CustomSectionInGroup example. This extra section you could hide/show as needed. But the showing/hiding needs to make sure counters in the underlying Table are invalidated. There might be some challenges to get this behave correclty. So I would only do it if it is really needed to behave exactly that way. One other thing you could try is call grid.Table.CurrencyRecordManager.EndEdit() when you leave a cell or when you start editing a cell but that is again very different from the databound grid since it commits the added record to the underlying datasource. Stefan >When I add a new row the next row doesn''t appear until after I hit enter or leave the row. Is there anyway to make this behave like the databound grid where as soon as you start editing the next new row is created? > >Also can I automatically expand the nested table entries under my new row?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon