We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GroupBar Selected Item

I have a groupbar on a form and am using the GroupBarItemSelected event. When the form loads the GroupBarItemSelected event is fired and the groupbar that was selected in the design window is the groupbar item for the event. Is there a way to set the selected group bar item to null so that this event is not fired UNTIL a user actually selects a groupbar item? I have some initialization that must be done BEFORE the GroupBarItemSelected event is fired.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2006 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Rich, I am afraid, currently the groupBarItemSelected event gets fired since we cannot make the selected item to -1. However you can use GroupBarItemSelectionChanging event and cancel the event before Form_Load and call the GroupBarItemSelectionChanging event again with the different name for the method and set args.cancel to false, as a workaround. I have attached a sample that shows this completely. GroupBarSample.zip Please refer to it and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Seetha >I have a groupbar on a form and am using the GroupBarItemSelected event. When the form loads the GroupBarItemSelected event is fired and the groupbar that was selected in the design window is the groupbar item for the event. Is there a way to set the selected group bar item to null so that this event is not fired UNTIL a user actually selects a groupbar item? I have some initialization that must be done BEFORE the GroupBarItemSelected event is fired.

GroupBarSample0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon