We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MDIForm vs Childform maximised problems

5 Replies

RA Rajaraman April 28, 2003 02:52 AM UTC

hi all i am having a mdiform and childforms opening upon xptoolbar buttons click by default one childform opens in maximised mode but if i open other childforms upon button click also get maximised by default how to stop this Regards Rajaraman

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 29, 2003 07:06 PM UTC

This is the default behavior. In case you didn't try this already, you could try updating the child form's windowstate to the designer set state (cache this in your constructor) in the child Form's Load event. -Praveen

RA Rajaraman May 2, 2003 06:53 AM UTC

> This is the default behavior. In case you didn't try this already, you could try updating the child form's windowstate to the designer set state (cache this in your constructor) in the child Form's Load event. > > -Praveen Hi Praveen Thanks for your direction, i find another strange thing happening, now i am showing a child form in mdi form load event, which has maximise capability, and as u said i am setting windowstate for other childforms, it is working but if I maximise the first childform, and open other child form2, the first childform becomes automatically restored how to avoid this I dont know .Net has this default functionality or a bug with a list of MDIForm bugs Regards Rajaraman

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team May 2, 2003 12:07 PM UTC

Again, that is the behavior. When you restore one child other children gets restored to. That is mdi behavior and I don't think MS will change this behavior. You will have to workaround this or rethink your UI. Regards, -Praveen

RA Rajaraman May 27, 2003 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Praveen do you have any workaround for this Regards Rajaraman > Again, that is the behavior. When you restore one child other children gets restored to. That is mdi behavior and I don't think MS will change this behavior. > > You will have to workaround this or rethink your UI. > > Regards, > -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon