We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Licence Error

Hi, I''m having an issue having a valid license granted for my syncfusion controls. So as to be thourough, here are the steps that have occured. 1/ App written with version 2.0.5.0 of controls and deployed for 6 months 2/ I got a new laptop and only installed 3.2.1.0 of syncfusion controls. I tried upgrading the app to use the new control versions however a bug in 3.2.1.0 (to do with frozen columns) forced me to roll back to the 2.0.5.0 version. 3/ 6 months later I''ve finally gotten around to re-installing 2.0.5.0 side-by-side with 3.2.1.0 I''ve followed the following steps a. Delete all Syncfusion references in the GAC (C:\Windows\Assembly) 2. Deleted all the contents of the folder ...\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies 3. Brought up the 2.0.5.0 Assembly Manager tool and ran it choosing the "Default Prebuilt" option. 4. Opened my project in the designer. Removed all the Syncfusion references and re-added them. Made sure they are all of version 2.0.5.0 5/ rebuilt application, deployed it to a new machine and ran it. Got error "A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.windows.forms.grid.gridmodel" out of interest, it runs fine on my development machine. Any ideas what I''ve done wrong? Is it possible that the form still has a reference to the 3.2.1.0 grid? Thanks in advance, Damien

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Damien, For deploying applications using Syncfusion controls: 1) You need to ensure that you have updated the references as noted in the Migrating existing projects from earlier versions of Essential Suite in the Getting Started Guide. 2) You also need to have proper licenses.licx file included as an embedded resource in your project. so: a) Ensure that the licenses.licx file is included as an embedded resource. b) Ensure that your application is indeed compiled with the proper licenses.licx file. 3) The application must be built on a machine on which Essential Suite is installed. 4) Can you post the contents of your licenses.licx file if you are still encountering problems. Regards Haneef

DS Damien Sawyer February 9, 2006 09:15 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef, I delted the .licx file, created a temporary form to which I added the older versioned grid control, compiled, deployed and it worked. Cheers :-)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon