We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Zoom issues

I''m noticing a couple of issues with zooming: 1) It appears that I can zoom in only so far. I''m dealing with series that tend to have a lot points and zooming allows me to drill down only so far. Is this a configurable option? Is there a reason you limit the zooming? 2) Because I work with series that tend to have a lot of points, I''ve noticed that the zoom drag window is VERY laggy in such cases. Any idea why this might be the case? I''m just trying to specify the zoom rectangle - why should the efficiency of doing so be dependent upon the number of points? Any way this could be optimized in the future? Thanks, Terry

5 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Terry, 1.By adjusting the MinZoomFactorX as small as possible, you can zoom in upto the calculated interval. For example, if the calculated interval is 5 and the zoom factor is 0.5, then the zoomed interval with this zoom factor will be 2.5. When zooming, the chart can be zoomed upto the minimum zoomed interval calculated with MinZoomFactorX. 2.To speed up the Zoom thumb, you need to set the ScrollPrecision property of the chartControl to a minimum value. The following code snippet illustrates the above functionalities: this.chartControl1.ScrollPrecision = 1; this.chartControl1.MinZoomFactorX = 0.0001; Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks and Regards, Geetha

TF Terry Foster February 9, 2006 03:05 PM UTC

1) That definitely does the trick - thank you. Are there any drawbacks to having really small min zoom factors? 2) I think you might be misunderstanding this issue. I''m just talking about when you''re creating the zoom rectangle by clicking and dragging on chart itself, not when scrolling on an already zoomed-in chart. Setting the ScrollPrecision property didn''t seem to make it any less laggy. Thanks, Terry

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 10, 2006 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for misunderstanding the issue. The zoom rectangle covers the region over which the ZoomIn needs to be done. If the area of this rectangle is large, then the resultant chart will try to cover as much datapoints in it. So if the case is to ZoomIn only two points in a column chart and the zoom rectangle covers a wide region then the result will not be as expected. Please let me know if you have any questions. We will be glad to assist you. Thanks and Regards, Geetha.

TF Terry Foster February 10, 2006 03:31 PM UTC

Sorry - I don''t think I''m being very clear. I''m just talking about the time that you mouse down on the chart to the time that you''ve moved your mouse and mouse up in order to specify a new zoom range - not the refresh of the resultant range or anything like that. Just creating this zoom window with your mouse feels very laggy on charts with lots of points - the transparent blue window that is drawn takes a while to follow where you are dragging your mouse with the button down. This at least gives me the impression that things are not being done very efficiently, even though the refresh of the resultant range is actually not that bad. It almost seems like the entire chart is being repainted on every mouse move event. Any way this can fixed/optimized? Thanks, Terry

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 14, 2006 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Thanks for the detailed explanation on this issue. I am able to reproduce this issue and will log a QA report on this regard. I will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. Regards, Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon