We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

update row on SaveCellinfo . .

If i want to refresh an entire row due to a user changing a cell where do i put the refresh range. do i put it in the SaveCellInfo Event. For example should my code look like this: (if the user changes any cell in row 3 i want the whole row to refresh . . private void gridControl1_SaveCellInfo(object sender,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) { if(e.RowIndex > 0 && e.ColIndex > 0) { this.dt.Rows[e.RowIndex -1][e.ColIndex -1] = e.Style.CellValue; e.Handled = true; if (e.RowIndex == 3) gridControl.RefreshRange(etc . . ) } }

7 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team February 8, 2006 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Adam, private void gridControl1_SaveCellInfo(object sender,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) { if(e.RowIndex > 0 && e.ColIndex > 0) { this.dt.Rows[e.RowIndex -1][e.ColIndex -1] = e.Style.CellValue; e.Handled = true; //if (e.RowIndex == 3) //gridControl.RefreshRange(etc . . ) } } Such codes are not necessary there. Please let us know what you would like to do to the values of row 3 after editing. In other words what problem are you facing without those codes in the SaveCellInfo. Best regards, Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 04:32 AM UTC

i want to find out the recommended way of having an entire row refresh when a user changes a cell within that row. . thks, ak >Hi Adam, > >private void gridControl1_SaveCellInfo(object sender,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSaveCellInfoEventArgs e) >{ >if(e.RowIndex > 0 && e.ColIndex > 0) >{ >this.dt.Rows[e.RowIndex -1][e.ColIndex -1] = e.Style.CellValue; >e.Handled = true; >//if (e.RowIndex == 3) >//gridControl.RefreshRange(etc . . ) >} >} > > >Such codes are not necessary there. Please let us know what you would like to do to the values of row 3 after editing. In other words what problem are you facing without those codes in the SaveCellInfo. > >Best regards, >Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Adam, If you want to call the refresh range when the user changes the data then use the following code snippet bool flag; private void gridControl1_CurrentCellEditingComplete(object sender, EventArgs e) { if(flag) { this.gridControl1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.RowIndex)); flag = false; } } private void gridControl1_CurrentCellChanging(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { flag = true; } Refer to this sample for details Regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 10, 2006 12:15 AM UTC

why is this better than calling the refresh range in the SaveCellInfo event . .?? thks, ak >Hi Adam, > > If you want to call the refresh range when the user changes the data then use the following code snippet > > bool flag; > private void gridControl1_CurrentCellEditingComplete(object sender, EventArgs e) > { > if(flag) > { > this.gridControl1.RefreshRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.RowIndex)); > flag = false; > } > } > private void gridControl1_CurrentCellChanging(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) > { > flag = true; > } > >Refer to this sample for details > >Regards, >Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 10, 2006 11:34 AM UTC

Hi, The savecellinfo event is fired everytime you change the Style of the Object (like Changing the Color,etc ). But , the currentCellCompleteChanges Fires only changes in the Cell text, and this event matches this scenario. I hope you have a clear idea of this. Regards, Madhan.

HZ Hui Zhong February 22, 2006 09:52 PM UTC

I tried CurrentCellEditingComplete event, however, if it''s a checkbox cell, you have to move the cursor after you click to check/uncheck to have the CurrentCellEditingComplete event to be raised. Click the cell will not raise the CurrentCellEditingComplete event. >Hi, > > The savecellinfo event is fired everytime you change the Style of the Object (like Changing the Color,etc ). But , the currentCellCompleteChanges Fires only changes in the Cell text, and this event matches this scenario. I hope you have a clear idea of this. > >Regards, >Madhan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Hui, The CurrentCellEditingComplete event will be triggered only when the control focus leaves the cell / grid and this is by design. If you want to check the changes in the checkbox ( check / uncheck ) there is a CheckBoxClick event. The CurrentCellChanged event can also be used but, it will be raised for the changes in all types of cells. Best Regards, Madhan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon