We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to update datasource when changing column only (not row)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

40585 Feb 7,2006 03:43 PM UTC Feb 26,2018 12:40 PM UTC WinForms 5
Tags: GridControl
Hal McKinney
Asked On February 7, 2006 03:43 PM UTC

Hello, Appearantly the only time the underlying datasource in my databound grid is updated is when I change rows. I want it to update whenever I change cells, even if it''s to a different column on the same row. (I thought maybe the .RefreshCurrentCellBehavior was the answer while searching your board but it didn''t seem to affect anything) -Hal

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 8, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Hal, Try calling gridDataBoundGrid1.Update() in CurrentCellChanged or CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event and see if that helps. Regards, Calvin.

Hal McKinney
Replied On February 8, 2006 03:19 PM UTC

I don''t think any of that worked. The CurrentCellChanged/AcceptedChanges events fire BEFORE making changes to the current cell and the grid.Update() still doesn''t appear to force a recalc of other columns on the same row until I move off the row.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 9, 2006 03:40 AM UTC

Hi Hal, Sorry for the inconvenience. Calling this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EndEdit(); in the CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event will update the underlying data source when a cell value is changed. Thanks, Calvin.

Hal McKinney
Replied On February 9, 2006 03:22 PM UTC

Thanks Calvin, That did the trick.

juan velez
Replied On February 26, 2018 12:40 PM UTC

SI

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;