We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to update datasource when changing column only (not row)

Hello, Appearantly the only time the underlying datasource in my databound grid is updated is when I change rows. I want it to update whenever I change cells, even if it''s to a different column on the same row. (I thought maybe the .RefreshCurrentCellBehavior was the answer while searching your board but it didn''t seem to affect anything) -Hal

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Hal, Try calling gridDataBoundGrid1.Update() in CurrentCellChanged or CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event and see if that helps. Regards, Calvin.

HM Hal McKinney February 8, 2006 03:19 PM UTC

I don''t think any of that worked. The CurrentCellChanged/AcceptedChanges events fire BEFORE making changes to the current cell and the grid.Update() still doesn''t appear to force a recalc of other columns on the same row until I move off the row.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 03:40 AM UTC

Hi Hal, Sorry for the inconvenience. Calling this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EndEdit(); in the CurrentCellAcceptedChanges event will update the underlying data source when a cell value is changed. Thanks, Calvin.

HM Hal McKinney February 9, 2006 03:22 PM UTC

Thanks Calvin, That did the trick.

JV juan velez February 26, 2018 12:40 PM UTC

SI

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon