We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager - Bring Control to Front

Hello. I have a form with two controls along the bottom. Both controls are pinned with the second control visible. (The first control is ''under'' the second.) I need to force the first control to display at run time. I tried the ActivateControl method. Any ideas? Thanks, Bryant

7 Replies

BC Bryant Cobarrubias February 3, 2006 10:45 PM UTC

I should have posted this message under the Essential Tools section.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 6, 2006 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Bryant, Sorry for the delay in responding. I am afraid, I was not able to understand your requirement exactly. However I have created a test sample for regarding your requirement. Please take a look at the attached sample and modify the sample which reproduces the issue and also let me know the version number of Essential Studio currently you are using. Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 6, 2006 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Bryant, Sorry I forgot to attach a Test sample. Please refer the sample here: Test Sample Thanks, Vijay

BC Bryant Cobarrubias February 7, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Hello Vijay, I am unable to download the zip file (there may be a firewall issue at my location). Can you please post the applicable code snippet? Thanks, Bryant

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 7, 2006 03:38 PM UTC

Hi Bryant, Here is the code snippet for the sample: private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel1,this,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Bottom,190); this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel2,this.panel1,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed,200); this.dockingManager1.SetAutoHideMode(this.panel2,true); } private void button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.panel1); } Before you going to test, please create a empty project and add two buttons,two panels and Dockingmanager into the form and add these above code to test. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Vijay

RP R Parmar February 13, 2006 10:24 PM UTC

Thx I tested and it works as clicled.. BUT if the same FORM code is converted as a UserControl and calling this Usercontrol from Form, It docks vertically and not horizontal, also Button does not show up.. Why? RP >Hi Bryant, > >Here is the code snippet for the sample: > > >private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) > { > this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel1,this,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Bottom,190); > this.dockingManager1.DockControl(this.panel2,this.panel1,Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed,200); > this.dockingManager1.SetAutoHideMode(this.panel2,true); > > } > > private void button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) > { > this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.panel1); > } > > >Before you going to test, please create a empty project and add two buttons,two panels and Dockingmanager into the form and add these above code to test. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, >Vijay

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team February 15, 2006 02:18 PM UTC

Hi, I am afraid, I have used the same Form code in the usercontrol also. But it does not behave as you mentioned behavior. Could you please let me know the version number of Essential studio? I have tested this issue with our latest build and I was not able to see any difference. If possible, could you please send me the sample which reproduces the problem? If it''s possible to reproduce the problem at home, it will help us to resolve this issue accurately. Please let me know if you have any qeustions. Thanks, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon