We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv and Tool tips

Hi, Is there any way to get the tool tip always to be displayed for a node in a treeViewAdv. For instance, if it does not extend past the edge of the control? Thanks, Matt

7 Replies

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team February 6, 2006 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Matt, I am afraid,there is no way to display the tooltip for the nodes, if it does not extend the edge of the treeViewAdv control.But you can always display the helpText for the nodes which does not need a tooltip. Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa.T.S

DisplayTooltips.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2006 05:14 AM UTC

Hi, in this you have told about help text, but I am wondering whether there is way to disable tooltip for only the nodes that have help text in treeview. Thanks. Regards, Lori

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team February 8, 2006 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Lori, The answer for your question is Yes.You could disable the tooltips for some nodes that have help text by handling ToolTipControl_BeforePopup event. Coding: private void ToolTipControl_BeforePopup(object sender, CancelEventArgs e) { Point pt=this.treeViewAdv1.PointToClient(new Point(MousePosition.X,MousePosition.Y)); TreeNodeAdv node=this.treeViewAdv1.GetNodeAtPoint(pt); if(node!=null) { if(node.Text=="Node1" || node.Text=="Node3"||node.Text=="Node5"||node.Text=="Node7") { e.Cancel=true; } } } Please take a look at the attached sample and let me if this meets your requirements. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Deepa.T.S

treeview_tooltip0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Deepa, That''s nice to disable tooltips for some of the nodes. Another question is lingering in my mind. Is there any possibility to display tooltips for images, because my sample is fully filled with images. Thanks. Regards, Lori.

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Lori, Unfortunately, we only support HelpText/Tooltips for the text portion of the node.However,it is possible to use Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ToolTipAdv along with the MouseHover event to implement your own tooltips. I have created a sample that demonstrates this. It uses the PointToNode method to find the node that the mouse is hovering over. I hope this helps you and please let me know if you require any more assistance with this issue. Thanks a lot for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa.T.S

Imagetooltip0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2006 08:28 AM UTC

Hi Deepa, Thats great! Thanks for your help till now. Lori.

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team February 13, 2006 03:32 AM UTC

Hi Lori, Thanks for the update and for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa.T.S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon