We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem Upgrading Chart

I have a rather complex .Net 1.1 windows forms application which makes extensive use of Syncfusion controls. I am trying to upgrade from v3.2.1 to v4.1 and I am running into an issue with a chart inside the application. I have a hyrid control that I created that contains a list of ChartSeries and allows the user to add or removing the Series from the chart. After reading all the data into the various ChartSeries it defaults to nothing being displayed in the chart. When I go to add a series to the chart I get the following exception: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." With this call stack: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesRenderer.FillStyles() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesRenderer.GetStyleAt(Int32 index) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.Renderers.LineRenderer.Render(Graphics g, Int32 from, Int32 count) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.Renderers.LineRenderer.Render(Graphics g) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesCollection.DrawSeries(Graphics g, IChartAreaHost chart) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartArea.Draw2D(PaintEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartArea.Draw(PaintEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl._Paint(Graphics g) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) at InteractiveSoftworks.EnterpriseManager.Workspace.StartApp..ctor() in c:\\development\\vs.net 2003\\interactivesoftworks\\enterprisemanager\\v1.1\\workspace\\startapp.cs:line 15 Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you, Jon

1 Reply

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team February 3, 2006 02:22 PM UTC

Hi Jon, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. I am afraid I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send me a small sample which illustrates your way of populating datapoints to the series and adding it to the collection so that it will be easier for me to find a solution at the earliest? Regards, Geetha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon