We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Upgrade Issues

Hi, I have a rather complex .Net 1.1 windows forms application which makes extensive use of Syncfusion controls. I am trying to upgrade from v3.2.1 to v4.1 and I am running into several issues. The main one is this... My application compiles and runs fine; however, when I am inside VS 2003 and I try to open a form in the designer I get a blank screen with a red X icon saying "An error occured while loading the document. Fix the error, and then try loading the document again. The error meesage as follows:" followed by either 1) "Specified cast is not valid." or 2) Property accessor ''IsMdiContainer'' on object ''System.Windows.Forms.Design.FormDocumentDesigner'' threw the following exception:''Specified cast is not valid.'' The second issue involves the charting control... I have a hyrid control that I created that contains a list of ChartSeries and allows the user to add or removing the Series from the chart. After reading all the data into the various ChartSeries it defaults to nothing being displayed in the chart. When I go to add a series to the chart I get the following exception: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." With this call stack: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesRenderer.FillStyles() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesRenderer.GetStyleAt(Int32 index) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.Renderers.LineRenderer.Render(Graphics g, Int32 from, Int32 count) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.Renderers.LineRenderer.Render(Graphics g) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesCollection.DrawSeries(Graphics g, IChartAreaHost chart) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartArea.Draw2D(PaintEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartArea.Draw(PaintEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl._Paint(Graphics g) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) at InteractiveSoftworks.EnterpriseManager.Workspace.StartApp..ctor() in c:\\development\\vs.net 2003\\interactivesoftworks\\enterprisemanager\\v1.1\\workspace\\startapp.cs:line 15 Any help would be greatly appricated as I need to get this app working again quickly. Thank you, Jon

2 Replies

JO Jon February 2, 2006 08:36 PM UTC

OK... I resolved the first issue I think; however, I still am at a loss for the chart problems. Thank you, Jon

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2006 08:26 PM UTC

Hi Jon, I tried to reproduce the problem by adding and deleting series to a chart using the attached sample and did not run into the prolem. Could you please try out the sample at your end and let us know if the problem exists. Thanks, Davis

ChartSeriesSample.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon