We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC : grouping in nested table

I have a GGC with 2 levels. The second (nested) level hierarchy also includes grouping by a nested table column. I have set the ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails property to false as follows - ggControl.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails=false; ggControl.TableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false; ggControl.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false; Inspite of this when I add a GroupedColumn at the nested level an empty row shows up allowing me to add a new row. When I dont add anything in the nested table GroupedColumns this empty row is not seen Why is the ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails property not working for GroupedColumns at the nested level?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2006 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, If this code is replaced gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails=false; to gridGroupingControl1.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false; Add new record row will not be shown at any levels when columns are grouped. Regards, Calvin.

AN Anupama February 2, 2006 02:07 PM UTC

Yes it works now. Thanks! >Hi Anupama, > >If this code is replaced > >gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails=false; > >to > >gridGroupingControl1.ChildGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false; > >Add new record row will not be shown at any levels when columns are grouped. > >Regards, >Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon