We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Focusing Newly add Record.

I am doing some what mapping for data , in that when i mapped a newly mapped data will store in new grid . What should i do if i want to get focus on newly added row in my grid..

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2006 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Vihar, The Grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(GridRangeInfo.Row(rowIndx)) will move the focus to a particular row. I have attached a sample which, moves the focus to the newly added/inserted row. Please refer the link for GridGroupingControl. If you are looking for something else please let us know. Regards, Calvin

GDBG.zip

VI vihar January 30, 2006 01:48 PM UTC

Thanks For Your Reply . But its not working for GGC. I want a newly added row in focus.though its get focused but it is not coming in to view. I have to scroll down the grid for getting newly added record in to view. How can i scroll the scrollbar automatecally that newly added record will come in to View.... Thanks Vihar.. >Hi Vihar, > >The Grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(GridRangeInfo.Row(rowIndx)) will move the focus to a particular row. I have attached a sample which, moves the focus to the newly added/inserted row. Please refer the link for GridGroupingControl. > >If you are looking for something else please let us know. > >Regards, >Calvin

GDBG.zip

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 30, 2006 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Vihar, You can use CurrentCell.ScrollInView or the overloaded fashion of MoveTo which has an option to set through GridSetCurrentCellOptions and that is shown in the sample. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.ScrollInView(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.MoveTo(GridRangeInfo.Row(ind),GridSetCurrentCellOptions.ScrollInView); Best regards, Stanley

VI vihar January 30, 2006 02:52 PM UTC

hi Stanley.Sorry to say but your ans did not help me . I am Doing All this thing in SourceListListChangedCompleted event of grid. Ao As new row will add this event eill fire and i want to do the focusing, i did this many thing .. GridGroupingControl1.Table.Records[e.NewIndex+4].SetCurrent(); But this is just making the new row focused but not getting it in view ,, Then According to your reply I tried GridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(GridRangeInfo.Row(e.NewIndex+4),GridSetCurrentCellOptions.ScrollInView); But This is also not Working ... GridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.ScrollInView(); I tried This also But No Result Again .. Do u have any other ides... >Hi Vihar, > >You can use CurrentCell.ScrollInView or the overloaded fashion of MoveTo which has an option to set through GridSetCurrentCellOptions and that is shown in the sample. > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.ScrollInView(); > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.MoveTo(GridRangeInfo.Row(ind),GridSetCurrentCellOptions.ScrollInView); > >Best regards, >Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 30, 2006 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Vihar, Sorry, I was addressing to GDBG again. Can you try adding Update() to the sample you saw in the forum thread mentioned above. To the else block in the button handler dt.Add(o); this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = null; this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = dt; this.gridGroupingControl1.Update(); Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon