We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG NullReferenceException with DBNull values

Hi, I post this problem a second time because I hope you will process it. I need rapidly an answer if you can fix it or not. Depending on your answer we have to decide if we go back to 4.1.0.10 version. We are using VS2005 and .Net 2.0 Framework. After upgrading from 4.1.0.10 to 4.1.0.50, we have following exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Data.Common.ObjectStorage.CompareValueTo(Int32 recordNo1, Object value) at System.Data.Index.FindNodeByKey(Object originalKey) at System.Data.Index.FindRecords(Object key) at System.Data.DataView.System.ComponentModel.IBindingList.Find(PropertyDescriptor property, Object key) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxListBoxHelper.FindKey(IList thisList, PropertyDescriptor property, Object key) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxListBoxHelper.FindValue(Object value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellModel.GetFormattedText(GridStyleInfo style, Object value, Int32 textInfo) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellModelBase.GetFormattedOrActiveTextAt(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStaticCellModel.OnQueryPrefferedClientSize(Graphics g, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridStyleInfo style, GridQueryBounds queryBounds) The problem apparently occurs only when the DataTable bound to the GDBG has DBNull values and the cell is a ComboBox. When clicking in the cell, the cells becomes red with "Exception" as cell-text and the application crashes. In attachment is a sample that reproduces the problem. The first row has a DBNull value. Click in the cell and you will see that happens. I hope it will help you to fix it. I remind that this problem did not occur with 4.1.0.10. We wish to have a fix asap. Best Regards, Michael

TestGDBG21.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 08:21 PM UTC

Hi Michael, thanks for the sample project. I see the problem and we''ll get that fixed. We are actually going to provide a patch soon that will address all the issues we noticed since the RTM and will include a fix for this problem then. Stefan

MC Michael Cruanes January 28, 2006 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, What do you mean with "soon" ? I wonder how such a bug can happen between beta 3 and final release. Regards, Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2006 09:34 PM UTC

Michael, With "soon" I mean next week. The problem got introduced when we fixed defect 1331. Stefan >Hi Stefan, > >What do you mean with "soon" ? >I wonder how such a bug can happen between beta 3 and final release. > >Regards, >Michael

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon