We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grouping grid Group Expansion problems

I am using Databound Grouping Grid. To Optimize its performance I removed ListchangedEvent and In my OnTimerEvent I am calling mGroupingGrid.Table.TableDirty =true; mGroupingGrid.TableControl.Refresh(); This refreshes the grouping grid after a fixed interval to reflect changes in my view. After doing these changes I got into a problem. Now whenever I try to expand a group it expands and gets closed immediately. This could be because of Refresh method I am using. Is there any other way I can refresh the grid or Do I need have to do some special event handling for mGroupingGrid.Table.GroupExpanded event. Thanks for your response in advance.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 03:10 AM UTC

Hi Sachim, when you set TableDirty = true the grid does recreate the groups and records stored in the table. Therefore your group expansion state is lost. In order to preserve this state you will have to remeber the group ids of the groups that are expanded (e.g. listen to GroupExpanded event and then remeber group.Category). Later after the refresh you can find groups by the category id with Table.TopLevelGroup.Groups.FindGroup(category) and then set the group expanded. Stefan >I am using Databound Grouping Grid. To Optimize its performance I removed ListchangedEvent and In my OnTimerEvent I am calling > >mGroupingGrid.Table.TableDirty =true; >mGroupingGrid.TableControl.Refresh(); > >This refreshes the grouping grid after a fixed interval to reflect changes in my view. > >After doing these changes I got into a problem. >Now whenever I try to expand a group it expands and gets closed immediately. This could be because of Refresh method I am using. Is there any other way I can refresh the grid >or Do I need have to do some special event handling for mGroupingGrid.Table.GroupExpanded event. > >Thanks for your response in advance. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon