We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrade

I don''t see any instructions in the readme file (or I missed them). Am I supposed to run this conversion utility on all my projects?

4 Replies

JI Jim January 26, 2006 04:29 PM UTC

I went ahead and tried to run this utility one a winforms project. Got this: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Shared.Base, or one of its dependencies, was not found. File name: "Syncfusion.Shared.Base" The 4.1 assembly in the GAC, I checked. Now what?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2006 08:47 PM UTC

Hi Jim, check out this thread: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=40105 You need to manually specify the version number in the textbox field. Stefan >I went ahead and tried to run this utility one a winforms project. Got this: > >System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Shared.Base, or one of its dependencies, was not found. >File name: "Syncfusion.Shared.Base" > >The 4.1 assembly in the GAC, I checked. > >Now what?

JI Jim January 26, 2006 09:13 PM UTC

OK, thanks. What is the purpose of this utility? I actually opened my project in Visual Studio and compiled it and ran it, it appeared to work without problems. Were there some namespace changes that need to be fixed up?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 02:09 AM UTC

Hi Jim, When resx files contain binary serialized data then there is a chance that they have a reference to a specific version, e.g. they would reference Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, 3.3.0.0. Running the resx tool makes sure that any references to an older version will be upgraded to the 4.1.0.50 version. If there are references to an older version and that version is not in your GAC you would notice that immeditaley when you run your app. The form would not load. Stefan >OK, thanks. > >What is the purpose of this utility? I actually opened my project in Visual Studio and compiled it and ran it, it appeared to work without problems. Were there some namespace changes that need to be fixed up? > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon