We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with deploying a modified version of the library

Hi there, I am having trouble deploying the Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll to a PC that doesn''t have syncfusion source license or runtime license installed. I modified the source for of the library, following the instruction for changing the key file to point to the one that I created using the sn.exe tool and setting delay signing to false. I also rebuild my application and point it reference the new library that I modified. However, when I copy the application, and import the modified library to the GAC, I wasn''t able to run the application on a PC with syncfusion license (runtime or souce). If I do the same thing on a PC with syncfusion license, than my application runs perfectly fine. Is there anything that I missed? Please help, this is an urgent matter, I need to have a build by the end of the week. thanks.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2006 08:45 PM UTC

Patrick, which version of Essential Suite do you use? With the latest versions (3.x and 4.x) you need to make sure you have an assembly reference to Syncfusion.Core and you have a licenses.licx file with the following entry: Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core Also, make sure the Build Action propeties for that file are set to "Embedded Resource". (Right click on file in VS IDE in solution explorer to see these settings). Stefan >Hi there, > >I am having trouble deploying the Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll to a PC that doesn''t have syncfusion source license or runtime license installed. I modified the source for of the library, following the instruction for changing the key file to point to the one that I created using the sn.exe tool and setting delay signing to false. > >I also rebuild my application and point it reference the new library that I modified. However, when I copy the application, and import the modified library to the GAC, I wasn''t able to run the application on a PC with syncfusion license (runtime or souce). If I do the same thing on a PC with syncfusion license, than my application runs perfectly fine. > >Is there anything that I missed? Please help, this is an urgent matter, I need to have a build by the end of the week. > >thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 07:20 PM UTC

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=3.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=036fe6034c821ea4 Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core I changed the first line gridcontrol to point to my modified version, and added the line that suggested, but I am getting an error when compile P:\Temp\GridTest\GridTest\licenses.licx: Could not transform licenses file ''licenses.licx'' into a binary resource. (2) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core''

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 09:51 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, with version 3.0.1.1 you will need the first line and remove the line with Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent. With the first line what is most likely wrong is that the PublicKeyToken you use is the token used by the unmodified syncfusion assembly. You can remove that key. Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=3.0.1.1 should be enough. Stefan >Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=3.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=036fe6034c821ea4 >Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core > >I changed the first line gridcontrol to point to my modified version, and added the line that suggested, but I am getting an error when compile > >P:\Temp\GridTest\GridTest\licenses.licx: Could not transform licenses file ''licenses.licx'' into a binary resource. (2) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core''

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 09:56 PM UTC

3.0.1.1 is the version that I assigned to the modified assembly, my original syncfusion is version 3.0.1.0. I am able to get it to work, kind of. The only problem that I am still facing is that referencing to the modified version of the library in VS.NET. When I change the reference to point to the dll by browsing to the file on disk, the reference path is stored in the .user file. So, when I move to a different build machine, the reference path is reset back to point to the original library. So, I have to manually change the reference path again. This is not exceptable in our build enviornment. Do you know if there is a workaround, or this is a deadly VS.NET bug.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon