We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Copying data from virtual grid - poor performance

I''m using a virtual grid to display a large quantity of data. My code in QueryCellInfo has to parse some XML, create controls in each cell and set the cell text, and it takes 20-30 seconds to do all of this. This is ok, but the problem comes when I select all the data in the grid and try to copy it (using ctrl-C). My application appears to hang at this point, and debugging shows that the QueryCellInfo code is being called. I would expect that at worst it would take another 20-30 seconds to do the copy, but instead I''m left waiting forever. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks Akash

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 04:07 AM UTC

Hi Akash, try handling the ClipboardCopy event. There you could access your data directly and copy them to the clipboard. After you copied the data to the clipboard set e.Handled = true and e.Result = true. This ensures the grid won''t handle the event itsself. Also, make sure you set grid.Model.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags = GridDragDropFlags.Text; Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon