We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

NullReferenceException with RecordFilters - ggc.Refresh without repaint

I am working with a gridGroupingControl where I add and remove some recordFilters to different nested tables. Thereby sometimes I earn an unpredictable NullReferenceException (see stacktrace below) when I try to add a recordFilter to a tableDescriptor where I previous cleared all existing recordFilters. To solve the problem I have to call a ggc.Refresh between clearing all recordFilters and add the new filters. In that case the exception does not appear. My problem is now that I have the layout of ggc suspended when I remove and add the filters to avoid flicker of the layout. But calling ggc.Refresh does not take care about the suspended layout and does an repaint that leads to flicker ;-( My question: Is there a method similar to ggc.Refresh without repaint? Or is there a chance to avoid the exception without refresh? Some help would be nice. Regards, Klaus System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. at Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordFilterDescriptor.GetCompiledExpression() at Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordFilterDescriptor.set_Expression(String value) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordFilterDescriptor.InitializeFrom(RecordFilterDescriptor other) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordFilterDescriptorCollection.InitializeFrom(RecordFilterDescriptorCollection other) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableDescriptor.InitializeFrom(TableDescriptor tableDescriptor) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptor.InitializeFrom(RelationDescriptor other) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.InitializeFrom(RelationDescriptorCollection other) at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.SynchronizeRelatedTables() at Syncfusion.Grouping.TableCollection.SynchronizeWithRelationDescriptor() at Syncfusion.Grouping.TableCollection.get_Count() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Record.AdjustRecordRowCount() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Record.GetVisibleCount() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Record.GetCounter() at Syncfusion.Collections.BinaryTree.TreeTableWithCounterEntry.GetCounterTotal() at Syncfusion.Collections.BinaryTree.TreeTableWithCounter.GetCounterTotal() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.ElementTreeTable.get_VisibleCount() at Syncfusion.Grouping.DetailsSection.GetVisibleCount() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupExtend.OnInitializeVisibleCounters(Group owner, GridGroupOptionsStyleInfo go) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridChildTable.OnInitializeVisibleCounters() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Group.InitVisibleCounters() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Group.GetVisibleCount() at Syncfusion.Grouping.NestedTable.GetVisibleCount() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.OnEnsureInitialized(Object sender) at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent) at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent) at Syncfusion.Grouping.Element.EnsureInitialized(Object sender) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableModel.UpdateColumnWidths(Boolean force) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableModel.UpdateColumnWidths() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.VisibleColumns_TotalWidthRequest(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridVisibleColumnDescriptorCollection.OnTotalWidthRequest(CancelEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridVisibleColumnDescriptorCollection.get_TotalWidth() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.GetHorizontalScrollWidth(Boolean isNested) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.GetHorizontalScrollWidth() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.GetHorizontalScrollWidth() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.SynchronizeGridWithEngine() Eine nicht behandelte Ausnahme des Typs ''System.NullReferenceException'' ist in syncfusion.grouping.base.dll aufgetreten. Zusätzliche Informationen: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.SynchronizeGridWithEngine() in :line 0

1 Reply

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Klaus, Can you help us see this issue in any of our samples that are shipped? If you wish to Reset filters then try. this.groupingGrid1.Engine.TableDescriptor.ResetRecordFilters(); Please refer the sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.50\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\GroupCustomers Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon