We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Delete key not working in 4105 final version on currency cells...

Ok I was soooooooo excited to get to working on this new version. The first thing I tested which I knew had to be changed didnt work. I''ve attached a sample. In the sample I have col1 set to currency cells with a nullstring set to zero. Now in 3110 which is the version we have been using we had to take that out and make all the nullstrings blank and handle everything in the clearingcells routine because thats how you told us to do it in version 2. This is because of some other bug you had and you said we were doing it wrong and do it that way. Then in like 3.3 you decided to changed it all back to using nullstring again. So thats why we stuck with 3110 and were waiting until 4. So we knew starting this project we would have to change all the nullstrings back to whatever default we wanted. So in this sample if you click on cell 1,1 and hit your delete key you will notice it went from 3300 to 3. Its leaving the first digit of the cellvalue that was in there before. If you select a range of cells like 1,1 to 5,1 and hit delete they will ALL change to zero like they should. It seems to be doing this on single cells only. This is no way to start off my testing and is scaring me away from version 4.1 already. This was THE FIRST thing i tested and its messed up already.

Test 4105 Grid Problems.zip

13 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 06:34 PM UTC

Phil, you can get desired results by specifying a blank as currency symbol: GridCellInfo1.StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.CurrencySymbol = " " GridCellInfo1.StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NullString = " 0" The empty currency symbol is what is causing problems. When testing we always specified a currency symbol, that''s why we didn''t notice it. Another and probably better way is to handle the CurrentCellDeleting event as follows: Private Sub GC1_CurrentCellDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles GC1.CurrentCellDeleting Dim style As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStyleInfo = GC1.Model(GC1.CurrentCell.RowIndex, GC1.CurrentCell.ColIndex) If TypeOf GC1.CurrentCell.Renderer Is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrencyTextBoxCellRenderer Then GC1.CurrentCell.BeginEdit() GC1.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText = "0" '' or style.CurrencyEdit.NullString End If End Sub Stefan >Ok I was soooooooo excited to get to working on this new version. The first thing I tested which I knew had to be changed didnt work. I''ve attached a sample. In the sample I have col1 set to currency cells with a nullstring set to zero. Now in 3110 which is the version we have been using we had to take that out and make all the nullstrings blank and handle everything in the clearingcells routine because thats how you told us to do it in version 2. This is because of some other bug you had and you said we were doing it wrong and do it that way. Then in like 3.3 you decided to changed it all back to using nullstring again. So thats why we stuck with 3110 and were waiting until 4. So we knew starting this project we would have to change all the nullstrings back to whatever default we wanted. So in this sample if you click on cell 1,1 and hit your delete key you will notice it went from 3300 to 3. Its leaving the first digit of the cellvalue that was in there before. If you select a range of cells like 1,1 to 5,1 and hit delete they will ALL change to zero like they should. It seems to be doing this on single cells only. This is no way to start off my testing and is scaring me away from version 4.1 already. This was THE FIRST thing i tested and its messed up already.

Test 4105 Grid Problems.zip

PB Philip Bishop January 24, 2006 06:57 PM UTC

Ok let me ask this. We really dont want to add more code to fix bugs if we dont have to. I am just afraid as to what will then happen when you do fix this down the road. This always worked before without having the $ sign. I''m just really afraid to go on with testing this version if something that simple doesnt work how it use to. I mean I''m a programmer and I understand how things can get missed. I''m back to feeling as if I test your app more then you do. When I have to add code to fix a bug I never know how that is going to affect the rest of my project. Our app is FULL of currency cells so I would have to do this on hundreds of forms. So I guess what I am asking is will this be fixed in a new version or a private version. I''m afraid to go with a private version anymore because we are stuck on 3110 which leaves these temp files of yours hanging around. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 07:32 PM UTC

Phillip, it will be made a defect and be fixed in upcoming private and public patches. We had a beta build for version 4.1 out now for a while and you can be assured many of us spent many days testing the libraries. This is definitely the most tested release we ever had. But there is always a specific context that can slip through. That''s where he hope customers take the beta version and run a quick check so we can fix any issues before the RTM release. Thanks, Stefan >Ok let me ask this. We really dont want to add more code to fix bugs if we dont have to. I am just afraid as to what will then happen when you do fix this down the road. This always worked before without having the $ sign. I''m just really afraid to go on with testing this version if something that simple doesnt work how it use to. I mean I''m a programmer and I understand how things can get missed. I''m back to feeling as if I test your app more then you do. When I have to add code to fix a bug I never know how that is going to affect the rest of my project. Our app is FULL of currency cells so I would have to do this on hundreds of forms. So I guess what I am asking is will this be fixed in a new version or a private version. I''m afraid to go with a private version anymore because we are stuck on 3110 which leaves these temp files of yours hanging around. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

PB Philip Bishop January 24, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

I understand that. We stayed away from beta testing for numerous reasons. One being time constraints didnt allow it. The biggest reason to me were little things where for instance we would get a new build and it would fix something. Then we would find something else wrong and report it. You would then fix that and by the time the final build came out the original problem would be broke again. Then in another new build you say its fixed and we get it and it works different then any other time. I understand the testing cycle but in previous version we''ve felt as if we were beta testing your product in a non beta state. Anyway I will just watch for public release and maybe open a direct trac so i can get notified of a private build.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 07:58 PM UTC

Phil, I actually circled down the problem to this one line: GridCellInfo1.StyleInfo.CurrencyEdit.NegativeSign = "" If you do not set NegativeSign to be an empty string then the currency edit works as expected. Do you actually rely on NegativeSign being an empty string or was it just a random line in your sample? Thanks, Stefan >I understand that. We stayed away from beta testing for numerous reasons. One being time constraints didnt allow it. The biggest reason to me were little things where for instance we would get a new build and it would fix something. Then we would find something else wrong and report it. You would then fix that and by the time the final build came out the original problem would be broke again. Then in another new build you say its fixed and we get it and it works different then any other time. > >I understand the testing cycle but in previous version we''ve felt as if we were beta testing your product in a non beta state. Anyway I will just watch for public release and maybe open a direct trac so i can get notified of a private build.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2006 08:28 PM UTC

You had asked the following.... Do you actually rely on NegativeSign being an empty string or was it just a random line in your sample? We don’t really rely on it. We don’t allow negative values at all on some of our forms. For instance we leave the NegativeSign empty and we change the CurrencyNegativePattern to 1 and we change the NegativeColor (which is red by default) to ControlText (black). If you leave the NegativeSign set to default (-) and change CurrencyNegativePattern to 1 and NegativeColor to ControlText (black). then when someone hits the negative sign its looks exactly like the following -10.00 If you leave NegativeSign set to default of (-) and set the NegativePattern to 0 and change the negativeColor to ControlText (black) it looks like this (10.00) In both of those examples changing the color does work. Now if you leave the NegativeSign blank (or empty) then we get the desired results we want. If someone hits the negative sign or not our number always stays positive and shows 10.00 So basically we do that because we don’t allow negative values on most forms and don’t want them to show up if a user would hit a negative sign. That’s why we leave the NegativeSign empty. If there is another way for us to have the desired results of no negative signs with leaving the NegativeSign set to the default (-) let us know.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Just wondered if you had any other thoughts on my last post?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2006 02:44 AM UTC

Hi Phil, we''ll get that behavior fixed. We will have a patch that only addresses those issues that were reported since RTM. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2006 09:20 PM UTC

Is a patch like this already in the works? And any idea of when it might be ready?

PB Philip Bishop February 10, 2006 04:34 PM UTC

Ok so i think I''ve found another problem related to this. If you take the attached sample and double click the cell to get in to active edit mode. Then position the cursor in front of the 2 in cell 1,1. Now if you hit the delete key it doesnt delete the 2 in the 1.25. Now if you go to the collection editor for the grid and add the negative sign back in under currency edit then when you hit the delete key in that same positions it will delete the 2 likes its suppose to. So when you fix the orginal problem you have that i started in this post will it also fix this problem? Also I had asked if a patch like this already in the works? And any idea of when it might be ready?

Test 4105 Grid Problems0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2006 09:27 PM UTC

Phil, yes - a patch is in the works and we are very close to get it out. Thanks for reporting the problem with the NegativeSign being empty. We''ll also get that fixed. I tested it with the codebase we wanted to get out now and could see the problem there. The problem with CurrencySymbol being empty is already fixed, we just have to get the patch out. Stefan >Ok so i think I''ve found another problem related to this. If you take the attached sample and double click the cell to get in to active edit mode. Then position the cursor in front of the 2 in cell 1,1. Now if you hit the delete key it doesnt delete the 2 in the 1.25. Now if you go to the collection editor for the grid and add the negative sign back in under currency edit then when you hit the delete key in that same positions it will delete the 2 likes its suppose to. So when you fix the orginal problem you have that i started in this post will it also fix this problem? > > >Also I had asked if a patch like this already in the works? And any idea of when it might be ready?

AR Arun May 12, 2006 05:55 PM UTC

Couple of issues that I reported for the gridcells of type Currency. I am using the samples app. https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38532 1. Hit delete (once) on the contents of the cell and enter a decimal value say .78 2. You will notice 78.00 which is wrong. 3. I however see that if you take your arrow keys up and down (navigate & back to the cell), and enter .78 the right value appears. >Phil, > >yes - a patch is in the works and we are very close to get it out. > >Thanks for reporting the problem with the NegativeSign being empty. We''ll also get that fixed. I tested it with the codebase we wanted to get out now and could see the problem there. > >The problem with CurrencySymbol being empty is already fixed, we just have to get the patch out. > >Stefan > >>Ok so i think I''ve found another problem related to this. If you take the attached sample and double click the cell to get in to active edit mode. Then position the cursor in front of the 2 in cell 1,1. Now if you hit the delete key it doesnt delete the 2 in the 1.25. Now if you go to the collection editor for the grid and add the negative sign back in under currency edit then when you hit the delete key in that same positions it will delete the 2 likes its suppose to. So when you fix the orginal problem you have that i started in this post will it also fix this problem? >> >> >>Also I had asked if a patch like this already in the works? And any idea of when it might be ready?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2006 03:44 PM UTC

Arun, we will have that problem fixed in the 4.2 version. In the meantime a workaound would be to use a NullString with a decimal point, e.g. style2.CurrencyEdit.NullString = "0.000"; Thanks, Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon