We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Many questions

I just downloaded Syncfusion and began to play with it witht the stockquote sample. Here are my questions: *Since it is an image, if the image is bigger than the area (let''s say i want a scroll bar) when getting the latest image, will it remember the scorlling position ? *If i want to add sorting and col move/resize, i thought about 3 solutions. I would like to hear from you about this: 1-I don''t know yet how, but intercepting the image of the grid and adding some html maps. to enable clicking on the header. 2-add a fictious header just about the grid. This header could then be moved/clicked/resized But then coul i use your js function that do that ? Or what is the minimal js i would need to handle that ? Thanks John

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 04:33 PM UTC

John, Regarding Div Scrollbar: I don''t think it will remember the position when the image refreshes. Regarding your questions about moving/resizing the header, I would suggest that you instead use our native ASP.Net GroupingGridControl, which renders itself as HTML with full interaction capabilities (unlike the Grid.Web control which is an image). The only disadvantage is that it has little bit fewer formatting options and it might perform slightly slower. But, for your interaction needs, our GridGroupingControl is a much better choice. To auto-refresh, simply setup a timer in JS and then call "_sfGG1.callback(null);" to refresh the grid control on timer tick. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 01:41 PM UTC

Yes but then i have to parse the response and address the right cell and update it... >John, > >Regarding Div Scrollbar: I don''t think it will remember the position when the image refreshes. > >Regarding your questions about moving/resizing the header, I would suggest that you instead use our native ASP.Net GroupingGridControl, which renders itself as HTML with full interaction capabilities (unlike the Grid.Web control which is an image). > >The only disadvantage is that it has little bit fewer formatting options and it might perform slightly slower. > >But, for your interaction needs, our GridGroupingControl is a much better choice. To auto-refresh, simply setup a timer in JS and then call "_sfGG1.callback(null);" to refresh the grid control on timer tick. > >Regards, >Praveen Ramesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 06:02 PM UTC

John, No, with the callback approach I recommended, you can highlight the cells that are "affected" on the server-side, since the whole grid gets regenerated on the server. The logic would be similar to our Grid.Web''s StockQuotes sample. Here, instead of the GridWebControl, you would use the GridGroupingWebControl. Regards, Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon