We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

gridDataBoundGrid - using as a databound list box

Hi, I want to create a control from gridDataBoundGrid, which will give me similer functionality like a list box(same properties and events). This is because, when no of datarows are more(50K), I observed grid to be faster than listbox. Do we have any such control in place? Or just tell me how to remove all columns headers from gridDataBoundGrid. I will keep asking if i get any more doubts in this custom control creation process..thank you in advance. Rgds Rajani Kanth

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Badri, You can use a GridListControl like a list box. Refer the sample in Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\GridListControlSample\ to know about GridListControl. By setting this.gridListControl1.ShowColumnHeader = false; and the this.gridListControl1.MultiColumn = false; you can make it similar like a list box. To hide the headers in the GridDataBoundGrid, set this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Rows.Hidden[0] = true; Best Regards, Calvin.

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 24, 2006 02:15 PM UTC

Cool, I am actually working with that. The one main problem i have with that control is NOT having SelectedItems collection. As my user can select any no of items, i need to have a SelectedItems collection which can me Count and All selected objects. Any input plz? Rgds Badri >Hi Badri, > >You can use a GridListControl like a list box. Refer the sample in Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\GridListControlSample\ to know about GridListControl. By setting this.gridListControl1.ShowColumnHeader = false; and the this.gridListControl1.MultiColumn = false; you can make it similar like a list box. > >To hide the headers in the GridDataBoundGrid, set >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Rows.Hidden[0] = true; > >Best Regards, >Calvin.

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 24, 2006 02:22 PM UTC

Hi, In addition, we dont have SelectedIndices also. I am using Grid.Selections.Count for SelectedItems.Count. But, when selected items are many, i have problems.. Rgds Rajani Kanth >Cool, > >I am actually working with that. >The one main problem i have with that control is NOT having SelectedItems collection. As my user can select any no of items, i need to have a SelectedItems collection which can me Count and All selected objects. Any input plz? > >Rgds >Badri > >>Hi Badri, >> >>You can use a GridListControl like a list box. Refer the sample in Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\GridListControlSample\ to know about GridListControl. By setting this.gridListControl1.ShowColumnHeader = false; and the this.gridListControl1.MultiColumn = false; you can make it similar like a list box. >> >>To hide the headers in the GridDataBoundGrid, set >>this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; >>this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Rows.Hidden[0] = true; >> >>Best Regards, >>Calvin.

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Badri, Check out this article, this may help. Best regards, Stanley

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 24, 2006 04:13 PM UTC

Hi, This article is about dataBoundGrid. And also, I am looking to retrieve objects from SelectedItems Count of GridListControl. Plz inform me if any related samples/articles exists.. Rgds Badri >Hi Badri, > >Check out this article, this may help. > >Best regards, >Stanley

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 24, 2006 04:40 PM UTC

Hi, Ideally I want to store and retrieve daraRows/dataRowViews and retrieve the same from GridListControl. If i just go by text property, i can have many duplicates. Rgds Rajani Kanth >Hi, >This article is about dataBoundGrid. And also, >I am looking to retrieve objects from SelectedItems Count of GridListControl. Plz inform me if any related samples/articles exists.. >Rgds >Badri > >>Hi Badri, >> >>Check out this article, this may help. >> >>Best regards, >>Stanley

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 24, 2006 05:01 PM UTC

Hi, I am trying with below code. Is this OK? foreach(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo range in list) { for(int i = range.Top; i <= range.Bottom; i++) { DataRowView dataRowView = this.gridListControl1.Items[i-1] as DataRowView; string firstName = dataRowView.Row["FirstName"].ToString(); //DisplayMember string lastName = dataRowView.Row["LastName"].ToString(); //ValueMember System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(firstName + ":" + lastName); } } .. Plz confirm.. Rgds Rajani Kanth >Hi, >Ideally I want to store and retrieve daraRows/dataRowViews and retrieve the same from GridListControl. If i just go by text property, i can have many duplicates. > >Rgds >Rajani Kanth > > > > >>Hi, >>This article is about dataBoundGrid. And also, >>I am looking to retrieve objects from SelectedItems Count of GridListControl. Plz inform me if any related samples/articles exists.. >>Rgds >>Badri >> >>>Hi Badri, >>> >>>Check out this article, this may help. >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Badri, Yes, you can retrieve the selected rows as mentioned and you can also add a row to the grid by just adding it to the Table. Below is the code snippet. DataTable dt = (DataTable)this.gridListControl1.DataSource; DataRow dr = dt.NewRow(); dr[0]="John"; dr[1]="Knox"; dt.Rows.Add(dr); Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon